April 26, 2024, 06:15:07 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Daughter had a baby girl on Sunday

Started by cdb, July 21, 2010, 09:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdb

July 21, 2010, 09:46:03 PM Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 03:21:06 AM by cdb
Things went well. I am really trying to watch everything I say and how I act around my daughter and her boyfriend. His parents are very nice and we get along well. My daughter was so happy and seems back to her nice, friendly self. What a change from when she accused me of ruining her life. I have been waiting for her to call for any help she may need. I wish I had this site when my son was married and then when my grandson was born. It is so hard to know how to fit in.
cdb

Postscript

Melanoma is skin cancer, it's very common where I am in the south pacific due to the hole in the ozone layer.  My Uncle was a bricklayer and often worked outside all day wearing no shirt or just a singlet, he had a mole on his back that the doctor diagnosed as melanoma.  He had to have it removed surgically, he told us that it was like a well rooted weed, with tentacles all up his back.  He then had chemo and was cancer free for years.  Unfortunately it returned nearly 20 years later, this time it wasn't noticed in time and went to his brain.

I don't want to pour cold water on your joyful moment, I will say tread carefully and look for mines.  The emotional upheaval in the days following birth can be explosive.

cdb

Thanks for the reply postscript. IT is good I plan to leave town if what you said about the mines is true :)  The melanoma she has was in the colon and then now the spine. I googled it and it is very rare. IT did not start in the skin. I am familiar with the skin melanoma, and yes it can be very deadly. I just feel so bad for this lady,,,,granddaugther's other grandmother. I can see why her son seems to want them to be with them so much.

luise.volta

If you leave town, I hope  you can take a laptop with you and stay connected here. It's a good thing to do when you feel really fragile and are treading so carefully. Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama