April 25, 2024, 11:07:39 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Luise

Started by Rose799, September 29, 2011, 03:33:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sesamejane

So glad to have you back Luise.  Yes, take good care of yourself! 

Rose799

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall." by Confucius

Every single one of us has fallen at some point & you've always been here to lift us up, Luise.  Please let us do that for you now...   We love & miss you dearly~

luise.volta

I'm hanging in. Sleeping a lot. Walking my dog and being taken care of by Kirk and Sandy. I so appreciate what all of you are sending my way. I have been over to see Val and he knew me.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

lancaster lady

Good Afternoon Luise !

So glad to hear you are up and about ....and how about Val ?
how could he forget you ? So unforgettable ...that's what you are ...(singing ) ...

Sending love.....

Ruth

I am now officially jumping up and down!  You should see my flying flesh!

Rose799

It's so nice to hear from you!  I hope you're feeling stronger with each passing day.  Val could never forget you; no more than you could him.  He just gets tired, with good reason at age 100.  I was amazed when you'd said he wasn't taking b/p meds, etc.  You Volta's are a tough duo!  : )  Take good care, Luise, & stay in touch.  Love you~

Rose799

Quote from: Ruth on October 13, 2011, 01:05:08 PM
I am now officially jumping up and down!  You should see my flying flesh!

Oh my!!!     ;D :D :D :D ;D

Pooh

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

I love all of you "kidlinks!"

Ruth

old japanese proverb, 'fall down six times, get up seven'.

Keys Girl

So I've been wondering and worrying about Luise for a couple of weeks..........and only now decided to scroll down the page to the "Grab Bag" and Voila!! now I know what is going on.

Sorry you weren't well Luise but so happy to hear you are back in your groove.

KG
"Today I will be as happy as a seagull with a french fry." Author Unknown

Pen

Luise, you are the heart and soul of this site. Please give Kirk and Sandy our thanks for taking such good care of you. We knew you were in good hands and we knew we could somehow manage to bumble along w/o you, but we're so grateful to have our leader, guide, "mom" and friend back where she belongs. It's nice to return to your usual activities, isn't it? And how lovely that Val knew you. That's a precious thing.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

I knew you were out there...all of you...sending me what i needed. How wonderful is that? I may have started WWU but without all of you, I would just be sitting at my computer talking to myself! ALL OF YOU ARE WWU! Sending love...

forever spring

Quote from: luise.volta on October 14, 2011, 08:52:23 AM
I knew you were out there...all of you...sending me what i needed. How wonderful is that? I may have started WWU but without all of you, I would just be sitting at my computer talking to myself! ALL OF YOU ARE WWU! Sending love...

It was Mother's day 2009 when you started this site and since then well over 5000 fivethousand messages of love and encouragement were sent into the ether by you. This is an amazing achievement! You have reached a great number of people who, like me, were in a situation where they felt they couldn't cope any more and the anonymity the internet provides has given all of us the security that we can 'vent' and be open about our feelings. This did only work because we can trust you because you are open yourself and you have the authority of life-long experiences of joy and pain.
We did miss you so much when you were ill and were glued to the screen waiting for news. Thanks to your charismatic personality we all feel like a functioning family where pains can be brought out into the open, something our real life families do not always allow us to. But being here and putting things into writing can heal our relationship with or FOO and we can try and see ourselves as they see us and gain more of an understanding.

I turned to this site back in April, I think, when I yearned for a sympathetic ear. Without your effort to keep this forum alive I would still be in limbo.
Get on top of the world soon. My thoughts are with you  - news of your health improving are always gladly received.   Much love

Rose799

I feel likewise, Chelmsford36...  I arrived Nov. 1, 2010, to a welcoming committee like no other.  I've been thinking a lot to back then as this 1 anniversary approaches.  What would we have done without you, Luise?!  I know; I'd still be stuck in the muck!   :o