March 28, 2024, 05:02:58 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Asking for Prayers

Started by luise.volta, August 26, 2010, 10:34:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

In a last-ditch attempt to arrest the shingles virus infection in my l. eye that has resisted all treatment and resided there for five years, I am undergoing a Corneal Transplant on Sept 8th. It may or may not be followed by a Stem Cell Transplant depending on how I do post-op. Please mark you calendars, if you are so inclined, and think of me on that day and the days following. General anesthesia for someone in their 80s (me) is pretty debilitating, transplants are more easily rejected where disease is present and healing is usually slowed...so the risks are high. They have no idea if it will even help...it's just a long shot. I have just recovered, oh so slowly, from a fractured tibia and am still wiped out from my 12 year care giving stint and collapse.  Fu Manchu!

All that being said, I still believe in miracles.  ;D Kirk and Sandy are delaying returning to Kauai until I am one month post-op...and will see me through this. Bless their hearts!  >:(

Do you think when I am looking out at the world through the cornea of a person who has passed on...that it will be an expanded universe? Something like rose-colored glasses?  8)
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

Well although I know it is risky, I still say "Yay!"  Maybe this will fix it for good.  My thoughts and prayers will definately be with you before, during and after.  Bless Kirk and Sandy's hearts for sticking around to help.  Good people they are.  Hmmm, I am thinking of the saying, "Until you walk a mile in my shoes", and maybe it should be "Until you see a mile through my eyes?"  ;D
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Pooh, that's it! 8) And thanks so much for your support.

Oh, and regarding your signature..."Sheep don't shrink in the rain because it doesn't rain hot water!" ;D ;D

cremebrulee

Luise, you will be in my thoughts and prayers...stay oh so positive as you always are, and I'm certain you can't miss....bigggggg biggggg hugs to you lady

luise.volta

Thanks Creme...it is so great to hear from you guys and have your support.  ;D

Pooh

We will just have to type like this for awhile!  :o
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Nana

Luise:

We will all be praying for you .  Everything will be just fine.  You have been through so much and yet you dont lose your charming personality.   Best wishes for you. 

Go get them!

Love

Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

luise.volta