March 19, 2024, 01:31:06 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

So Trivial to me now..

Started by Lillycache, August 13, 2015, 05:48:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lillycache

My husband was just diagnosed with Cancer.    We are keeping positive and feel we are in good hands with his doctors and our treatment plan..   But.. now as I sit here thinking of all the time I wasted being angry and hurt and stewing over what my DIL and DS did or didn't do.. or what they said, or implied,   I feel a little foolish.    All wasted time when I should have been devoting myself to my husband and to our marriage..  Only that was important...  only that did I really have control over.   Now.. even control over that is out of my hands and up to God and medical care.   I do know one thing,  I am going to make the most of every second we have together.. for as long or as short of a time we do.   NO MORE WASTING emotion on those who simply don't care, and who I have learned to care less about.  No more rehashing old slights or caring about how things SHOULD have been but weren't.   It's only the present we really have isn't it?    So we should make the most of it.   

luise.volta

Oh, Lil, I'm so sorry. I, too, have experienced having my priorities challenged and instantly finding yesterday's nightmares nothing but substandard entertainment. Your guy has the greatest medicine there is in you and your love.

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

gettingoldandcranky

sorry for your news lilly.  will keep u in my thoughts and prayers

Pooh

So sorry Lilly.  I will keep you both in my thoughts.  And I totally agree with you.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

shiny

LC, saddened to hear this and praying right now.

Your insight into the situation is powerful and true!
Thinking about your post has helped me turn a corner, too. Thank you.

There's nothing like having our priorities rearranged by things out of our control.
I agree with Luise, too. DH has a precious gift -- you!

Pen

Thinking of you, Lillycache. I hope you are finding comfort and strength during this time. Best wishes.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Lillycache

Actually, we have received hopeful news.  Genetic testing of my husband's cancer has shown it to be a non-aggressive form of Prostate adenocarcinoma..    We are currently enrolling in Active Surveillance with testing and exams every three months..   Keeping our hopes up for good results in November

luise.volta

Oh, that is so encouraging, L.!  :D Sending hugs!
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Pen

Thanks for the update, Lilly. We'll continue sending good thoughts!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb