March 28, 2024, 08:47:46 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

The love of a mother, why so strong!!

Started by ashvin2010, May 18, 2010, 07:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ashvin2010

Hello I want to know how can a mother's love be so strong?? I recently lost my mother and cannot seem to get over it. I have posted my story here before but just feel I need to get help from every resource possible. I just cant seem to figure out how to go on. I live each day as it comes but wow its hard. To top everything off my birthday was on mothers day this year. how do you deal with things when whats left of your family is  200 miles away and your boyfriend doesnt understand what this feels like.. someone help!! Im being realistic because going home isnt going to solve things or bring her back so I dont know what to do.

Marilyn

Welcome ashvin,oh sweet heart,your grieving and the pain is unbearable.Give your self time,it will get easier.Right now,try to think of her being in a much better place,and at peace.
The loss of my Mother took several years.Slowly the good days out weighed the bad.

I'm so sorry your having to go thru this.
I wish there was some thing i could say to help take away some of your pain.

Sending heart felt smpathy

Pen

I'm so sorry for your loss, Ash. It's very hard, I know. My mom passed away many years ago when I was in my 20's and I miss her still. The raw ache is gone, but I don't ever want to feel like I'm completely over the loss, if that makes any sense? The rest of my FOO live far, far away and I rarely see them, so sometimes I get the blues, too. A lot of us here understand what you're going through. {{{hugs}}}

How lucky you are to have had such a loving relationship with your mom! My thoughts are with you as you make your way through this difficult time. Regarding your BF, sometimes "the guys" don't know how to handle it when we're upset...they want to fix it, and when they can't they don't know what to do. You've found a good, safe place to share your feelings. Welcome.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb