April 26, 2024, 07:12:25 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Grandbaby arrived safely!

Started by Kate, February 21, 2013, 02:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kate

My beautiful new grandson was born on Wednesday night after 30+ hours of labour and an emergency caesarean.  Mum and bub well, Dad over the moon, and Grandma smitten. 

There is a tinge of sadness that my granddaughter will never know her cousin due to her fathers rejection of us all, but life goes on and there is a gorgeous little boy to get to know. 

Pen

Congratulations, Kate! So glad to hear the news. Enjoy this sweet time :)
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

herbalescapes

Congratulations.  Never say never - stranger things have happened.  Well wishes to the entire family.

nikncon

Congrats Kate.You are so blessed! Enjoy. :)[move

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Elise

Congrats to you Kate. Enjoy this new life come to earth.

Kate

My DIL said a really odd thing to me a couple of nights ago.  I was walking and rocking my grandson to soothe him so that she and DS could eat their dinner in peace and she said 'Mom, you are nothing like what the books say western grandparents are like.  You are like a Chinese grandmother, you do everything for your children and grandchildren.  Thank you!' 

I was stunned.  Of course I do, doesn't every grandparent who is given the opportunity?

I think maybe the authors of baby books forgot to ask grandparents how willing they are to assist. 

JaneF

Congratulations!  Babies are soooo sweet!  Glad he arrived safely.  J

Pen

How lovely to be appreciated by your DIL. Enjoy this sweet, sweet time.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Kate

It is lovely to be appreciated, but it is even better to see my son being so patient and gentle with his son.  Given his role model (his father) I had lingering doubts as to his ability to be a good father, but it appears he learned a few things from his stepfather and I. 

firelight

Congratulations!  How very exciting and new....just like Spring!  Best wishes for a blessed life for you and your new grandson!
Firelight

"When you allow life to flow... without struggle... your Soul is restored."   ~z2z~

fangle

My apologies for being tardy to the party, but my congratulations to you, and parents! All the very best! xo

Pooh

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell