March 28, 2024, 06:29:33 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Our Point System

Started by cremebrulee, April 29, 2010, 09:37:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cremebrulee

someone in here really dislikes me....everytime I come in, I have been given more negative points....I'm up to -18 now and counting...it all started a few weeks ago?   :-[

Pen

Yes, me too. I don't care anymore. The first couple of minuses were hard for me to understand, since I don't think I've said anything that different than anyone else, but now I think it's just someone with issues and I don't even pay attention to 'em. Since there's no way to track what they're objecting to, it's really moot.

Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

cremebrulee

Quote from: penstamen on April 29, 2010, 09:50:06 AM
Yes, me too. I don't care anymore. The first couple of minuses were hard for me to understand, since I don't think I've said anything that different than anyone else, but now I think it's just someone with issues and I don't even pay attention to 'em. Since there's no way to track what they're objecting to, it's really moot.

You could be right, in the last couple of weeks I've gotten so many...and there for awhile, every day...I think?  however, I don't care either, it just caught my attention....t hat I am getting so many lately...?

Meryl

You guys have been reading my mind. While I was reading the first post in DILS/SONS about perspective I was thinking what a great post it was and how much intelligent conversation resulted. When I noticed all the negative points, I was bothered. Great conversation occurred and yet their were so many negative points.

Luise, please get rid of the thumbs down. It is not useful and is not being used, in my opinion, in the way it was intended.

I would give you guys gold stars. ;)

Meryl

willingtohelp

I blame the gnomes.  They look so sweet sitting in the garden, but when you turn you back they hid your keys, steal socks so you can't match them, and give you minuses.

On a more serious note (and it should tell you something about my mood today that this is more serious), if we can't get rid of them, we can just declare every Thursday opposite point day.  Today, if you like something, thumbs down it.  And if you don't like it, thumbs up it.  And now no one will know if you got them for saying something someone liked or didn't like. 

alohomora

I was under the impression we got them when WE gave out thumbs up or down?

I've given out the exact same number of thumbs up that I've got listed. Everytime I give a thumbs up, my ++ goes up.

Orly

Well, everyone has gotten me walking lopsided with the karma points.....I could use some on the disagreeable side to help "balance" me out.  I was perfectly happy with that nice zero/zero balance......OH BAH!    LOLOLOL.

luise.volta

I tried to get the Karma feature removed but Kirk says they are an integral part of the canned forum program. However, He has a magic wand.  ;D

Wonder what mine look like. We seem to have a pretty judgmental person afoot!
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

cremebrulee

Quote from: luise.volta on May 05, 2010, 07:48:09 PM
I tried to get the Karma feature removed but Kirk says they are an integral part of the canned forum program. However, He has a magic wand.  ;D

Wonder what mine look like. We seem to have a pretty judgmental person afoot!

yeah, I hear ya...up until yesterday, I had -18, and now there are -20?????  I think its someone just being frumpy...besides, I was never well liked  ;D  Psst, I don't care...all one can do, is they're best?  but yeah, I think someone is just being a nudge....

Don't worry, I've got you beat now.... ;D

cremebrulee

Quote from: Orly on May 05, 2010, 04:41:54 PM
Well, everyone has gotten me walking lopsided with the karma points.....I could use some on the disagreeable side to help "balance" me out.  I was perfectly happy with that nice zero/zero balance......OH BAH!    LOLOLOL.

Just for complaining, I'm going to make you more top heavy, LOL....hugs and miss you...
Creme

Nana

Ladies:

I dont know about the point system.  I just watched the thumbs up and thumbs down.  I really dont have points one way or the other.  I think I saw plus 1 minus 1. 

Do we get to classify each post we read or do we only classify the answers we like with the point system.  I was not able to understand that when I joined this site.

I would appreciate any information.    :)
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

cremebrulee

its pretty simple really, when you read another's post, underneath they're name you'll see thumbs up and thumbs down...thumbs up is of course, the + points and thumbs down is the _ points...however, there are some in here who are intent on being really unahppy and mean and if they disagree with what you say, they automatically hit thumbs down...many times during the day....and that is what we're talking about....

What Luise explained is, that point system came with the software package for this website....I've been on sites before where they have a plus system and the poster is awarded points....however, never have seen the minus points before, and what I was saying is, someone in here really dislikes me, b/c I've been getting them like hotcakes....since about two or three weeks ago, and actually 3 more since yesterday? 

luise.volta

I suppose that feature was set up for expression but none of us need unkindness. The person responsible may be happier on a more negative site where trashing can be done openly. Maybe our webmaster can track it for me.

Postscript

I only realized they were there a couple of weeks ago, it's no biggie, it just means someone disagreed with something that I said and I came to the conclusion that is not a bad thing.  Let's face it, this is a the interwebz, nobody really and truly knows anyone else, so my self esteem is not affected by some faceless person pressing a button somewhere in cyberspace.  For all I know the person who gave me mine was a big ugly guy who lives in his Mom's basement and has no friends so he masquerades as a lady on the web ;)

luise.volta

Oh, that's priceless.  ;D ;D