March 28, 2024, 07:55:39 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Our Point System

Started by cremebrulee, April 29, 2010, 09:37:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cremebrulee

Quote from: Anna on May 07, 2010, 05:29:20 AM
Hi Creme, I see 5 -'s, not 18, & 40 +'s on you ??  I don't think you deserve any -'s.  I don't think any of us deserve any -'s, we are all just stating our opinions.  So lets just think of the -'s as an opinion, & really whoop it up when our +'s go up !!  What do you think??    ;D

Holy cow, your right....?????????  I wonder what happened?  Weird...OMG, am I going absolutely bonkers...I could swear there were -20 there...honest...or else I'm seeing things???????

I don't think anyone deserves them either Anna, to be penelized for your opinion?  Wrong...however, it never really bothered me, until I saw it go up drastically within the last few weeks...and I think I know why, however, I'm zipped...

and yeah, your right...absoultely!  Thanks

cremebrulee

QuotePostscript  For all I know the person who gave me mine was a big ugly guy who lives in his Mom's basement and has no friends so he masquerades as a lady on the web ;)

LOL.... ;D ;D

cremebrulee

Quote from: Anna on May 07, 2010, 06:06:26 AM
Creme, maybe our web wizards got out their magic wands &  made them disappear, or maybe they were never there!!  LOL.    :D :D :D

they were to there, I saw them... :o  course, I may not have had my glases on?   :-\     ;D

luise.volta

That was Kirk-The-Webmaster with his Magic Wand. No one gets to do persecution on our Website!  ;D ;D

(I just picked a -5 because 1 every 500 posts seemed reasonable.  ;D )

Sending love and Pings for all of the wonderful work you do here, Creme!
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Scoop

Luise - you should ask Kirk to make your minuses disappear too.  You are our Angel!

luise.volta

Well, that is sweet!  :D I think minus points may just "come with the territory" for me  because it is my site. I have to step in every once in a while, as you know. However, if anyone ever targets me like that...poof!!  ;D

cremebrulee

Quote from: luise.volta on May 07, 2010, 08:12:49 AM
That was Kirk-The-Webmaster with his Magic Wand. No one gets to do persecution on our Website!  ;D ;D

(I just picked a -5 because 1 every 500 posts seemed reasonable.  ;D )

Sending love and Pings for all of the wonderful work you do here, Creme!

thank you Luise and Kirk....for a moment there I thought I was going bonkers...?   ;D
Now I'm back in the saddle again...

hugs and sending many thanks to you both...

luise.volta

No one deserves it more!  ;D

luise.volta

No one caught my bad math!  A minus 5 is one every 250, not every 500. I would have made it a zero if Kirk hadn't ask me what a realistic number was.

And by the way, I am still laughing over the ugly guy living in his mother's basement, pretending to be a woman and posting here! What a great description of the possibilities of cyber-reality!  ;D ;D ;D

Postscript

May 09, 2010, 04:06:04 AM #24 Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 04:08:40 AM by Postscript
I did wonder Luise but my math is abysmal, my scholastic talent lies solely in the English language side of things, so I ignored the strange feeling that the math was out and relied upon my ignorance of things mathematical :)

It's something of a comfort to imagine a sad little ugly man living in his maternal basement dishing out negative points don't you think?

luise.volta

Pen

I wonder if the ugly-man-in-basement's mom posts here too? Unbeknownst to each other? That would really be funny ;D
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

cremebrulee

someone, Anna, who is really unhappy/mean apparently holds a lot of water with these miuns points...why would you even think about using them to begin with?  Personally, it some disgrunted person who really gets off on hurting others?  And I hope that Kirk can do away with them...
they are being used inappropriately...yes, I can see how people can disagree with someone else's posts...however, to give someone a minus b/c of it, is so immature...

That's my take?

Pen

Quote from: Anna on May 10, 2010, 06:35:53 AM
Hmmmmm, another minus, & this time I really can't see why I got one.  My posts recently have been positive & upbeat.  At least I've been trying really, really hard to be positive & upbeat!!  I don't mind the -'s, but this time, I feel I really didn't deserve one.  But...yiippeeeee, my pluses have gone up too!!  :D

Hey, Anna, me too! I didn't even notice until you mentioned it. It's hilarious, actually. Just like with my DIL, someone "just doesn't like me." Boo-hoo, I'll go eat worms  :P
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb