March 28, 2024, 07:35:33 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Movie

Started by luise.volta, June 18, 2012, 11:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

Doe - Were you the one that recommended I see the movie 'The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel' if I could get past the accents? If so, thank you SO much. It is one of the best movies I have ever seen and I'm going again on Tuesday (discount day) to see it again to maybe get some of the one-liners I missed. I never as in NEVER see a movie twice! LOL!
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Elise

I loved this movie too - the line that keeps repeating in my head the  most is the one about "everything will be allright in the end and if it isn't yet allright, it just means it is not yet the end". A lot of wisdom in that isn't there - and hope too.

The other one which really made me think a lot was about the couple who split in the end - the not happy wife and the husband. Just before they split for her to go back to England and him to stay in India, she said something about maybe they would both have had better lives had he not been so kind and loyal to her all the years of their implied unhappy life together. hmmm.

luise.volta

E - I had the same reaction. A doormat might be hard to live with but by golly, he didn't follow her. Whew! :-) I love that recurring quote, too, and will probably use it often. They treated so many sensitive issues with such iron gentleness! As a senior, senior, senior...they are all very familiar to me. And I nearly choked on that two aspirins line!

Doe

Yes, that was me who recommended it!
:D :D :D ;D ;D ;D
I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

Pooh

Going to have to see it!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

D - I tried to thank Pen on MFP and she told me it was you. (I would call it early memory loss but it's probably right on time!) Thank you so much. What a gift! :-)

Elise

What was the 2 aspiring line - I think I need to see this one again - memory loss a little ahead of schedule here - lol.

Keys Girl

I loved this movie too, especially the part where Maggie Smith's character talks about life throwing you a curve ball and sometimes that's the best part.

Worth a second viewing.

KG
"Today I will be as happy as a seagull with a french fry." Author Unknown