March 28, 2024, 05:56:40 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Movies

Started by Doe, May 18, 2012, 06:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doe

We just saw The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel and thought it was great!

Here's the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDY89LYxK0w

and this one looks pretty incredible (coming soon):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA6FFnjvvmg

luise.volta

What did you like about it, D. I am nothing too harrowing...happily after kind of person regarding movies.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pen

It looks charming, Doe. I have a friend who gave it rave reviews; can't wait to see it.

Luise, I would think you would enjoy it if you could cope with the accents...I seem to remember you saying they were hard for you to understand sometimes.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Doe

Luise, the first thing, I walked into a theater full of grey and white haired folks which was a switch in this town! 

I liked that the stories about the characters are real but not maudlin.  A group of seniors go to India for various reasons to live in what is touted to be a beautiful retirement home and it is not what they expected.  The story is about how the various characters move through life in this new environment.

I loved, loved, loved, the colors and sights and sounds - that's why I wanted to see it in a theater on the big screen.  I like a lot of the actors and loved seeing all the wrinkles up close.   It's a sweet story that you might enjoy. Oh, and the accents aren't so thick that you can't understand them.  No murders, chase scenes, naked people (though one of the men is on the prowl).

luise.volta

It sounds like something I would just love! Thank you! :-) I will go if it comes here even if I have to miss some of the dialogue. That seems to be something that happens to elders as our mental processes slow down. Since I have lived in a retirement facility for the last fourteen years, it is easy to notice the things many of us share as we age in place. :-)
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama