March 28, 2024, 02:12:33 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

My sister

Started by FAFE, January 22, 2012, 06:55:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FAFE

I know that I posted a few weeks ago about my sister who was diagnosed with early onset dementia.  She passed away on Wed, Jan 18th of a massive heart attack.  Our family has been broken apart as we have been dealing with her illness.  Hopefully, things will get on the right path soon.  She is in a much better place and we would have never wanted her to live the way she was.  God answered our prayers that her suffering would not linger for years and now she's bouncing around heaven trying to help anyone she can! 

No responses required, just keep us in your prayers. 

Beth 2011

My prayers go out to you and your family.  So Sorry for your loss.

Doe

" God answered our prayers that her suffering would not linger for years and now she's bouncing around heaven trying to help anyone she can!  "

I love this image and I'm glad for you that you didn't have to experience a long, long goodbye.

Pooh

So sorry for your loss
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

lancaster lady

Fafe :

Please accept my sincerest sympathy for your loss .
It breaks my heart to talk to my sister and she has early onset dementia , I can't imagine how hard it will
be in a few years time .
I know what you mean when you say she is suffering no more ,even though it;s heartbreaking.
It is so upsetting for them when they can't remember what happened yesterday .

thinking of you and your family .

FAFE

Thank you all so much!  Susan would have loved that she had traffice stopped all over town and people stopped on the side of the road for about 10 miles.  We still do that in the South, especially small towns. 

luise.volta

F - What a beautiful shortcut home. Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

pam1

I'm so sorry for your loss, FAFE.  Sending you and your family well wishes.
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

Kate123

My deepest sympathy to you Fafe.