March 28, 2024, 05:39:02 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Dear Luise:

Started by nikncon, January 19, 2012, 07:13:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikncon

January 19, 2012, 07:13:32 AM Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 12:38:10 PM by luise.volta
 Dear Luise.I feel like you are a mother to me with all your sound advice
about my son's breakup with his fiance.My mom passed away three years ago at
the age of 89.I miss her dearly and our time together.Talking to you makes
me feel better.I wanted to tell you how sorry I am about your DH's health.100
Yrs old!!.That is wonderful.Will keep you in my prayers. Hugs

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

firelight

I second that.....having you, luise, and all these WW is the most wonderful thing.  It really does feel like a family even though we have never met. 

Well said, nikncon.
Firelight

"When you allow life to flow... without struggle... your Soul is restored."   ~z2z~

luise.volta

N - Thanks you so much!  :)  Whenever I read something like that I know this Web-forum is working. When we first started, someone said I reminded her of her grandmother and I was deeply touched. It's been almost three years, now, and I think we have become an exceptional cyber-family. We all hive sisters here and adopted DILs and MILS...and those close to my age...well, no one is that close...have a have a passel of kids! :-) It's wonderful! Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

luise.volta

Yes! Sometimes when I talk to someone about WWU, they will ask where the members come from and what they do. It's hard to tell anyone that I don't know...it never came up...or I don't recall. I know the person's heart...and that's enough.

nikncon

;)Since I have no family except  for my AS and my DH I feel that I now am part of a big family with whom I can share my times of sadness as well as my times of joy.Thanks Luise  and all WW.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Pooh

It's probably a good thing we are all not living closer together, or next we would be borrowing clothes  ;D
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Well, I'd be willing to lend my "tents" to anyone, if they promised not to return them!  ;D ;D ;D

Pooh

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Smilesback@u

It is true, I feel nurtured by you luise and WWU friends.  Just need that to make my heart thrive.  Good thing we can reach out across the distance and not feel so alone.  Thank you,  :-*

Beth 2011

Yes, I agree with the ladies here, you do make a difference in people's lives.  I can't talk to my Mother about alot of things because of her health and I always try to imagine what would my GM would say to me.  She was my best friend.  I never thought I would find a place where I can let it all hang out so to speak and really see how everyone else is dealing with the same issues as I am each and every day of their lives too.  Thank you again.

luise.volta

Thank you and there are many times I have been nurtured and carried through some tough spots by all of you! That's what WWU is for and I am so grateful that it's working. Kirk and I designed it but it would just be an empty cyber-space without the contributions everyone makes here. Sending love...