March 28, 2024, 04:53:51 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Book on Emotions

Started by just2baccepted, August 30, 2009, 10:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

just2baccepted

I just downloaded an audiobook on my MP3.  Its called Emotional Freedom: Liberate Yourself From Negative Emotions and Transform your Life by Judith Orloff.

I like Joel Osteen and he talks a lot about the power of positive thinking.  So I'm kind of on a kick about positive thinking.  I think I'm about to drive my mom nuts because I've been trying to get her to be more positive because she is gloomy and see the bad in everything first.  I've noticed that's the way her whole family is though.  Very sad I thought.  For me I wanted to take a different approach to life then what my mom and some of her other family members have.

I'll let everyone know if this is a good one!

Alicev

Thanks for sharing! I am very interested in this, I will surely check it out.  :)

SunnyDays09

Yes thank you!  I am always looking for good reads.  This sounds good. 

just2baccepted

okay everyone i finally finished this book.  It was great and the only book in my life that i will consider re reading or listening to.  i just really don't want to be like my family, doom and gloom and living life in fear.  My dh and his family are the same way.  this must be an epidemic.  i want to live a postive life!  i hope if anyone reads this they let me know what they think