March 28, 2024, 03:34:13 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Moon Goggles...

Started by cocobars, March 30, 2010, 03:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cocobars

March 30, 2010, 03:28:25 PM Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 04:10:51 PM by cocobars
Wanted to share...

This was sent to me by a friend;

LOL! Yep, tonight! Got to find my "moon goggles" around here somewhere.

Some of you may recognize this beautiful woman, but I'm sworn to secrecy and won't tell.

My reply:
OK That's it!  I need to buy some of those goggles - where should I look!!!

Seriously, I love full moons as she does.  I'm going out tonight to look!  I hope it's clear - they are breathtaking!  People on the West Coast stop what they're doing to watch the sunsets (from what I've heard).  I used to watch the sun come up (living on an east coast beach) and always wondered what the sunsets were like!  The sunrises here lasted about an hour and I needed lots of cafeine to stay awake.  The kids wandered around and found all sorts of treasures!  We found a shark one morning in front of the house and it was a baby, horse-shoe crabs, starfish, you name it! We had a sort of "moat" surrounding the house with a man-made lake that sea otters would come to for the winter (because the water was warmer there), and by spring they'd be gone, but I spent so much time watching them play and swim in our lake. 

But the moon breaking the night away into sun was beautiful.  We had to get up at 4am to see it because the sun would be out and up by 5.  How nice it would have been to just go outside (when I was already awake) and watch something as beautiful as the sun going into the ocean!  I never got to do that, but this friend is an inspriation, a reminder for me of what beauty we have around us here that so many people don't notice.   I always saw such beauty and felt so spiritual when the moon was full, and I don't believe I've seen a more beautiful sight than the moon above the sea!

Wonder what the sunsets look like - over there!  I would bet some of us know...

Goodnight!  Hope all your dreams come true...

cremebrulee

coco, I felt like I was right there with you...
The beach and sun rises and full moons have been for me, a very important part of my life.  I spent so many days since I was a child on the east coast beaches and was always an early riser, still to this day, I'm up and 4 a.m.  There is nothing to me, more beautiful, then watching the sun rise, and sun sets...I remember driving out West....watching the sun come up...you felt like you could just reach out and touch it...and in the Bahamas....a full moon rising over an endess sea, which was so calm, it looked like a giant endless pond...well, sure takes me closer to God...

This was beautiful...absolutely beautiful...thank you for taking me back for a moment. Made my day...I could feel the starfish in my hand...LOL...God's gifts... and I find I don't remember them enough.

hugs
creme

cremebrulee

Quote from: Anna on March 31, 2010, 05:23:02 AM
Oh how I wish I lived near the ocean.  I live in a pretty much land locked area but have taken many trips to the beach.  On the east coast, in the bahamas, & to Florida.  Even made it to California one time.  I love early morning walks on the beach.  We went on a family vacation to Florida, rented a condo on the beach & my sons & I would walk every morning on the beach, sometimes joined by dh.  (he likes to sleep in when vacationing).  Those times were so relaxing.  I think next winter, when the snow is piled high outside our door we will run away to somewhere tropical to watch the sunrise & set, and to do some moon gazing !!

mind if I come along....??? I hate winter and snow, sleet, freezing rain...

When my aunt was alive, she used to ask me to come out to California...she always said, we'll take a drive up, is it Route 1 by the ocean?   and stop overnight somewhere, I never did, and I'm so sorry now, Anna, I bet the sunrises and sunsets out there are stunning, aren't they?

cremebrulee

March 31, 2010, 05:52:56 AM #3 Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 05:56:10 AM by cremebrulee
Quote from: Anna on March 31, 2010, 05:46:05 AM
Wouldn't that be fun.  The more the merrier.  The sunrises & sunsets are spectacular on the west coast, on the east coast too.  Especially if you watch them over the ocean !!  We haven't been near the ocean since 2007, & I can hear the waves calling me back !! 
In 2007 we rented an ocean front cottage with my parents, & we took our neice with us.  So 3 generations, under one roof, on the ocean, for a whole week.  Priceless !!

I always go alone...but can understand the enjoyment of having many people there, all watching...wow....I wish I could share some pics with you...where in the Bahamas did you go...I went to Eleuthera...back then, in 2002 and before, no one knew much about the island...Hurricane Floyde had hit it pretty badly before that, and for some reason, they didn't build the resorts back up...however, now they built a huge golf course on the island, along with many resorts, and it's just not the same...I love to find places off season where there are not many people and tourists...I haven't been back since, however, I still am trying to get back to the east coast beach over Christmas...right now, I need so much for my home...so, haven't been back for a while...but the ocean is so alluring, mysterious...and makes me feel like I'm home...peaceful and tranquil...I wonder if that is b/c when we're in our mothers stomach, we are floating in embryo fluid?  I know it sounds dumb, but the ocean really pulls me in...I can't explain the enfactuation....Anna, do you know what I'm trying to say?  Do you know the feeling?  It's like that of a love for a dear friend and you just have to be there....?

But, I've always been drawn to water....love swimming, and boating...

cremebrulee

When you went to atlantis, do you remember seeing the Fast Ferry, called the DA' BO HENGY
Well on my way to Eleuthera, I flew Bahamas Air, which I would never ever do again....they were on strike, and left us in Nassau...so, to get to the island, I took the Fast Ferry...and actually it was so much fun!  Its a boat that actually goes on top of the water.  It was fun...I've been to that island 3 times, however, don't ever, ever fly Bahamas air...that first time, they screwed up my reservations for the return trip, and said, they didn't have my reservations, however, I called to check before I lfet, which was an 800 number, and not the airport...

I've always wanted friends to go along, however, I always go on vacation over Christmas...reason being, less tourists....my friends, don't want to go over Christmas, and I can certainly understand that....so, I go alone...I rent a home on the beach (it's a duplex) on Long Beach Island every Christmas....and also Pt. Pleasant, and Cape May...love to ride the Cape May Ferry in summer time....it would be so nice to share this time with someone, as you know, the beauty is beyond words....but, a lot of my friends, are also afraid to spend the money, which I can certainly understand in this economy....but, I bet it is wonderful sharing vacations with hubby....

your very lucky to have him...

cremebrulee

Quote from: Anna on March 31, 2010, 06:44:05 AM
I don't remember the fast ferry, but it sounds neat.  We flew West Jet, & they lost our luggage.  All my hubby's clothes, & all our toiletries.  I had my clothes, but no make-up & nothing to keep clean with.  I have so many allergies that I always take my own soap, shampoo, lotion etc...  What a pain to find stuff I'm not allergic to there.  We got our luggage back 2 days later.  Hubby had to buy new clothes for 2 days, & 2 nights.  We had events during the days, & formal dinners at night.  Not allowed to carry on any liquids anymore so I can't even take this stuff on the plane with me.  On the way home, they lost our luggage again, this time ALL of it, & we didn't get it back for 2 days!!  What is up with West Jet, & losing luggage??  I just saw a story about them on the news this morning, & that they have to up their coverage for lost stuff.  We got our luggage back, but what a lot of hassle trying to buy hubby some clothes in Atlantis.  My hubby is 6' 1' & most of the clothes were made very small.  My hubby's, companies travel agency gave us money to purchase new clothes until we got our luggage back.

LOL, we can laugh now, but then, it was nerve racking, wasn't it....now us ladies would marvel at the thought of having to buy new clothes right...

but ya'll still had a great time, didn't you, and that is what is important....! 

Hugs and so nice sharing stories....love to hear your stories Anna....and hopefully many many more...

hugs
creme

2chickiebaby

Quote from: Anna on March 31, 2010, 06:44:05 AM
I don't remember the fast ferry, but it sounds neat.  We flew West Jet, & they lost our luggage.  All my hubby's clothes, & all our toiletries.  I had my clothes, but no make-up & nothing to keep clean with.  I have so many allergies that I always take my own soap, shampoo, lotion etc...  What a pain to find stuff I'm not allergic to there.  We got our luggage back 2 days later.  Hubby had to buy new clothes for 2 days, & 2 nights.  We had events during the days, & formal dinners at night.  Not allowed to carry on any liquids anymore so I can't even take this stuff on the plane with me.  On the way home, they lost our luggage again, this time ALL of it, & we didn't get it back for 2 days!!  What is up with West Jet, & losing luggage??  I just saw a story about them on the news this morning, & that they have to up their coverage for lost stuff.  We got our luggage back, but what a lot of hassle trying to buy hubby some clothes in Atlantis.  My hubby is 6' 1' & most of the clothes were made very small.  My hubby's, companies travel agency gave us money to purchase new clothes until we got our luggage back.

I've never heard of West Jet but oh boy!  Don't want to know them.  Do they pay you back for all your needed purchases?

cocobars

Isn't it funny how many things come to mind with one little statement from someone?  My friend mentioned the full moon last night and the cute comparrison of her "moon goggles" made me smile.  But the moon brought up memories of that beach house we lived at.  It seems to have brought memories of vacations and flights for the rest of you as well as the wonderful sunrises and sunsets - oh, and those moons. 

The beaches up here (north) have brown sand and the water looks brown too, so I don't really visit them since I was living further south.  I don't know how the West Coast is, but here ont he East Coast, the sand and water on the beaches changes as you go South.  The sand gets lighter and the water slowly becomes blue and clear.  We weren't in Florida, but ended up just above the Myrtle Beach area.  Our beach had whitish sand and blue/green water.  I loved the view and still wonder if I won't go back someday.  Not to that house - someone else is enjoying it now, but somewhere in that beautiful area.

That is actually how my husband and I found that house.  We drove for 2 weeks along the Eastern Coast looking for that house and knew that when we found that place that was right, we would know it.  We had been checking out the coastline and it was late enough at night that we were ready to stop somewhere.  We held off at a really horrible looking beach and came to a stop in Wilmington, NC.  It was dark so we couldn't see the beach, but stayed at a hotel overlooking the water.  When I woke up the next morning, I drew back the curtains and my mouth dropped open!  I knew this was it when those curtains opened and I saw the beautiful beach glistening back.

Thank you all for such amazing stories here, and for responding to this post!  It was fun remembering that house and the fund we had there and I'm also happy I had that friend who says things in just that way, to bring all this beauty back!

Thank you too R!  Sending you all the love and hugs you deserve and need!