March 28, 2024, 04:50:49 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Chickie where are you?

Started by luise.volta, March 16, 2010, 09:46:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

Hi C/B - I am missing your posts and wondering if you are OK? Sending love!
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

RedRose

cocobars

We are all worried Chickie.  Where have you been?

luise.volta

I've tried not to be a pest, Chickie, because you said a while back that you needed to pay more attention to your business but I thought that was maybe inventory or something like that...and short lived. How long before you will be back? Pings!

Marilyn

It's not the same :'( when your gone!!!

Hurry back,we miss you Chickie.

cocobars

Chickie, you are the mosting loving and giving person!  I really miss you!  You were the woman who took me in here and gave me hope!  Please don't let anyone make you feel undeserving, because you deserve so much happiness in return for the women you have helped!  You have guarded this door and pulled us in to a loving place, when we needed it most!

Hope

Chickie,
Sending love to you.........Hope

2chickiebaby

Hope, thank you so much.  If we have met, I don't remember it but if we haven't, it's good to see you again. 
Quote from: Hope on March 25, 2010, 10:54:14 PM
Chickie,

2chickiebaby

Holy Moly...."if we haven't, it's good to see you again?"  That wasn't right....if we haven't met yet, I'm very glad to meet you.
Quote from: 2chickiebaby on March 26, 2010, 03:26:15 AM
Hope, thank you so much.  If we have met, I don't remember it but if we haven't, it's good to see you again. 
Quote from: Hope on March 25, 2010, 10:54:14 PM
Chickie,

luise.volta

You have been so sick and in the hospital! You should be in bed sleeping!!! What's wrong? What happened to you? Are you getting lots better? Fast? (I know, I know...I'm the site's "mother-bear!")

2chickiebaby

March 26, 2010, 06:38:01 AM #10 Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 07:11:34 AM by 2chickiebaby
I hope I'm getting better fast, Luise.  I hope so so much.  I had an attack of COPD, like you said you did.  I wish I didn't have it but I do.  Asthma, bronchitis and COPD exaserbation.....whatever that is.

I have been in bed so much that I am getting sicker being confined so I'm up.  Stress brings this on me.  For sure it does.  I react this way to stress every time.  I guess I'm going to have to stay away from people. 

I'm going to counseling again to find out why people seem to jump down my throat all the time.  You remember my exercize teacher who thinks she's a healer and yelled at me when I quit. 

Now, it's my hair dresser who said when I went after the hospital:  "if you don't take care of yourself, you'll end up in terrible shape unable to care for yourself"

I told her that I hoped that God would take me before that happened and with a really rough hand on my scalp, she said, "well, keep up doing what you're doing and you will get your wish".  (she was pushing me into a chair and then, she didn't speak to me the entire time she did my hair"  (usually, she's very chatty but quite the 'know it all')

I sat there in silence and tried to tell myself that I was imagining this.  Surely she didn't mean to act like this.  I tried to engage her in conversation.  No luck.  She was furious.

In my counseling session the counselor told me to say the next time: "ew, I'm feeling attacked here. I think I'll leave" (and no matter what condition my hair is in, leave. 

Huh?  Is it that easy?  I can just leave?  Yep, it is.  I'm paying her; I'm the customer. 

I'm not used to this kind of action from people and I'll never understand it.  I would never do this to anyone, ever.  I'm tryhing to find another hair dresser.  She has lost a customer.  I wish I could put into words how rough she was with me that day. 

I wanted to add that I called the owner of the salon to ask if she had had complaints against her before and she said, "all the time but since she is independent, there's nothing I can do about it!!"

cocobars

Wow, Chickie!  I'm sorry to hear this!  Yes, I agree that you certainly could have gotten up and walked out, but I'm afraid I'm alot more like you.  I would have sat there telling myself I must have done something to get that reaction, and probably would have thought about it the whole time, leaving with no idea!   LOL!

It's not always easy to say something to someone like that, and although I know you can get up and go, I prefer to wait out the situation and just never go back, like it sounds you are doing.  Less stress that way, and you never know what reaction you will get from someone who thinks they can treat people that way.  If she's going to be that forceful, I would wonder how much further she might go if she was challenged!

I'm sorry Chickie!  I have never seen or heard anything that would lead me to believe you deserved this or wanted it.  This is her problem, not yours, and I believe she may be in far worse need of a counsellor (or anger management sessions).  Don't let it bother you - if the owner of the salon is aware of her actions, then it's really up to her to let this woman know she is losing business because of this, especially if she is renting space.  If the owner is smart, she will advertise for someone else to replace her and give her notice.  Unfortunately, when people think they are privvy to that behavior, sometimes it takes losing a job for it to sink in...

Hang in there and take care of yourself, Chickie!  Love you! :)

Hope

Chickie,
Sounds like your hairdresser has anger issues.  IMHO you are doing the right thing - I'm glad you are looking for someone new.  You deserve the best.
Hugs, Hope

2chickiebaby

Hope, I think she does too but what baffles me is why these people take it out on me???!!  I think I have a "kick me sign on"  I hope the counselor can help me.

OOOOOH!!  She said that I should go for respect.  Respect is better than "I like her".  Don't let me forget that!!!

cocobars

So Chickie, if you go in there again, even to see someone who may treat you with respect, I would suggest IMHO;

Grab her by the hair, walk her over and shove her into her hair station seat, and tell her that you are here to see  " whatever his/her name is" and will be respected now.  Oh!  Since she suggested that!

Hugging you!