March 28, 2024, 03:05:56 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

FB strikes me today!

Started by Pooh, December 13, 2011, 12:23:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

You guys know I'm a big fan of my FB.  Yes, I know it can cause drama and such, but I still like the benefits more than the drawbacks in my case.  But I had to tell you guys, I even had an issue today, out of no where.

I posted pics of mine and DH's trip to see my Son graduate from the military back in October.  I posted these back in October when we got back.  There is like 150 pics in that folder and today, my ex SIL, who is still on my page because we have always got along, posts a snippy comment on one of them.  It was a pic of YS and DH walking across an airfield.  It was pic of them walking with their back to me, planes in the distance and their steps are in sync.  I posted a caption that said:  My two favorites boys playing in the sand.

Now, this ex SIL has never left me a comment.  She likes my pics or statuses every once in awhile, and I do the same on hers.  She leaves a comment on that pic that says "I love you but you have another Son.  What about XXXXXX?"  Oh, I was livid!  I deleted the post and sent her a private message that said that I loved her too, but that I didn't air family issues on FB, as she should be aware of.  I told her if she would have asked, I would have told her that I had not seen Jeremy before TG for two years, his choice, but now that he came around on TG I was hoping that would change.

She wrote back something like: I hope so too.  It just made me sad to see that you put that.  I know you love XXXX but I figured you didn't realize how bad it looked to post my 2 favorite boys when you have him to.

I wrote back that I guess if that was the case, I guess I should have written that it was 2 of my favorite 7 men as I also love my Daddy, Dad and 2 brothers as well and that I understood, because I was sad that she had left that kind of comment.

She hasn't responded....

So much for the high road!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Scoop

Hmmm, I have to say, I can see this 2 ways. 

Because once on FB I vented HARD about my DH and my cousin sent me a private message saying that it was pretty harsh and did I really want to put that out there?  Her message shamed me and I was mad at first, but then I deleted my post and replied to her that she was right and I was sorry.

So maybe it's good that your wayward DS's auntie is looking out for him?

But yeah, she should have told you in a private message, not in a comment.  That was OTT.

Pooh

I get what you are saying.  Just flew all over me that she hasn't so much as said, "How you been?" in three years since the divorce and she chose her first words to be a dig. 
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Doe

Pooh, change the caption back to what you want to say and unfriend her!

luise.volta

She isn't ever going to say what you would like her to say. She is always going to say what you'd expect her to say, instead. There is no high road to or around that.  Bummer! (I think I will put her on my list of people I want to push off a cliff!)

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

Lol. I will admit Luise, I had the sudden urge to push her off a cliff! 

Doe, I didn't change the caption, I left it.  My next step was to unfriend her if she ever responded back, which she didn't so I will just wait and see and see if she learned that lesson.  Guess this is the selfish side of me, but she has 4 boys that I love like my own as I was around them for 15 years, so I like seeing their pictures and two of her sons that are now 18 and 16, are on my page and leave me things telling me they miss me and such quite often.  So I would hate to lose contact with them by unfriending their Mom.  So I will see if anything else happens and I will unfriend her if she does anything else.  I unfriended her Sis about 6 months after my divorce because she kept leaving hateful things on my pics and wall about her B, so she should realize that I will do it.

My DH last night said, "Two things.  She can't stand that you are happy without her B probably and 2nd....I have decided there is not a person in that family that isn't looney!  What were you thinking?"  I laughed and said "They same way you were thinking when you married yours the first time!"  He just kind of grinned and said, "Touche'".  Ha ha...gotta love that man.
Joseph Campbell

pam1

Ok, I've got a confession ;)  After all my griping about fb drama and how I would not get on, ok ok....I made an account a month or so ago.  It's be fun! 

Until my in laws found me and wanted to be friends lol.  There is no way I could let them see my page, my FOOs and friends humor and my in laws do not mix.  So my stepmom showed me how you can accept someone but then put them on a restricted list so they can't see anything but what you make public.  Works for me!
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

Pooh

Ha ha!  Yep, I have done that to a few people!  I do know it can create problems for people, but I truly love mine.  What can I say?  I met my DH on there! Thank you FB!  ;D
Joseph Campbell

Gidget

You can also block people so they will never know you are on fb and like Pam said you can restrict what some people see.

Ragdoll

December 19, 2011, 03:07:07 AM #9 Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 01:02:01 PM by luise.volta
Hi, I have a post of my story on here. I got rid of my toxic mil from Facebook but she still has mysisyer on there. She always complains about me openly to all her FB friends. DH had an argument with his brother on the few a few months back and within minutes she had been told and put her status as " I don't condone violence but someone needs to give their wife a slap" assuming it was me that caused the argument when I wasn't even at home. She obviously realised what she had done, or someone told her so because she deleted it quite quickly. Today says something about stalking and hunting her children, moaning at them etc and not stopping until she decides they are responsible adults. The woman is 60odd and the children in question are in their 30s and 40s.

Anyway, my point is that those who air family crap in public are the ones who look bad, not the ones they are speaking of.

Pooh

I think so too Ragdoll.  Everyone gets tired of their constant drama and just shakes their head after awhile.

My update:  Ex Sis replied but it was with this long email about how she's having so much trouble with the oldest Son and wanted some advice...ha ha ha.  Then she wanted to know if during my marriage to her B if he had ever said anything about her being a thief?  Apparently, last time she was in over TG, some money came up missing from her Sister and my Ex is telling everyone she did it.  Oh geesh...have I said how glad I am for my DH?

I literally responded about the Son and told her to hold her ground and told her I couldn't give an unbiased opinion of her B after my divorce as he did things I wouldn't have thought he would have done either.  She thanked me so maybe she did learn her lesson with me.
Joseph Campbell

newhera

Just do your best to stay away from the drama, so you have a stress-free life, fb is a good thing but sometimes it causes more bad things also