March 28, 2024, 02:13:48 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Why Do Younger Men Like Older Women?

Started by cocobars, March 12, 2010, 11:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cocobars

Why do you suppose younger men ask older women out?  The reason I'm asking is that there is a man at work who might be all of 40 who keeps asking me to go out.  I've told him I really don't date anymore and have turned him down twice now.  Do you think he's dense or desperate?

I know alot of older men (including my husband who was 14 years older than I am) would ask younger women out, but I don't quite understand people who don't understand "no."

Anyone have any suggestions?  Advice?

Marilyn

Coco,my best friend is 9 yrs older than her husband.It's her 4th husband,but they are very compatible and it's the happiest i have ever seen her.I have another friend that is 14 yrs older than her husband,it's her3rd,and says the same thing.It just works for them.......age is just a number.

I would take that as a compliment,really!!!

Orly

Coco,
Maybe he wants to get to know you better, or maybe he just wants to go out for coffee and talk.  He could be intrigued by someone turning him down and is trying to prove to himself he can get you to go out.  Or he could be one of those guys that think unattached women are in "need" of some physical activity and wants to "help" you out of your dry spell (ya, creepy icky guys still abound out there).  If you aren't interested in "dating" this guy, or dating at all, then you are going to have to be blunt with him....thank him for the offer but you aren't dating anyone...period.  Or tell him sure, my husband and I will meet you at so-and so restaurant for dinner....his treat!

cocobars

Thanks Mominwaiting.  I do take it as a compliment.  Really, I do.  I just wonder if everyone thinks its a little obsessive not to hear the word "no."  And also, this man is about 5 years older than my son.  Why wouldn't he be asking out someone his own age?   I'm lost when it comes to dating anymore.  I have too much baggage to date, but usually people hear "no."  I just don't understand it. 

Thanks Mominwaiting.  If your friends have any input on this, can you tell me, because I don't get it??

cocobars

March 12, 2010, 01:25:15 PM #4 Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 01:26:52 PM by cocobars
Quote from: Orly on March 12, 2010, 01:14:52 PM
Coco,
Maybe he wants to get to know you better, or maybe he just wants to go out for coffee and talk.  He could be intrigued by someone turning him down and is trying to prove to himself he can get you to go out.  Or he could be one of those guys that think unattached women are in "need" of some physical activity and wants to "help" you out of your dry spell (ya, creepy icky guys still abound out there).  If you aren't interested in "dating" this guy, or dating at all, then you are going to have to be blunt with him....thank him for the offer but you aren't dating anyone...period.  Or tell him sure, my husband and I will meet you at so-and so restaurant for dinner....his treat!

Orly, you are a kick!  I was reading your post and I just busted out laughing!  next thing I knew this man was coming up to my desk!  Yes I've been blunt, but not rude.  I'm not worried about my "dry" spell!  HAHAHA!  - NO COMMENT!  Funny thing, I've started wearing my wedding set these past two days to work!  It didn't stop him.  Yep, hadn't thought about the "DRY SPELL!"

Maybe I'll see if "MY HUSBAND" wants to meet him!  -wink, wink!  HAHAHA!

Too Funny!  Thanks Orly!  You made my night! ;D ;D

cocobars

Orly? 

Can you come to work with me??? ;D ;D

Bring a 2 x 4!   ;D ;D

Orly

I'm so tempted....swinging that 2x4 at hard-headed mules.....old Missouri pasttime.

2chickiebaby

Dats right, Rose....WOWZA!!!  Go get em Coco!! 8)

cremebrulee

Quote from: cocobars on March 12, 2010, 11:45:51 AM
Why do you suppose younger men ask older women out?  The reason I'm asking is that there is a man at work who might be all of 40 who keeps asking me to go out.  I've told him I really don't date anymore and have turned him down twice now.  Do you think he's dense or desperate?

I know alot of older men (including my husband who was 14 years older than I am) would ask younger women out, but I don't quite understand people who don't understand "no."

Anyone have any suggestions?  Advice?

There are two women at work who date a younger man...they love it, b/c those men are good to them...the men have stated they don't like girls they're age, b/c they are girls, so immature and flighty...so I don't know...however Orley as always makes a good point as well.  There is nothing we want more then what we can't have...makes us want it more....

What a compliment that is to you...

cocobars

;D ;D You guys!!!!   UH HA! "I got problems...."

Creme, thanks so much.  I just don't date though and this man doesn't seem to know the word.....  HAHAHAHA!   No.....  If I was interested, that would be great and really, I do take his attention as a compliment, HAHAHA!  Especially since he seems to be attached to my bottom when I get up and go do something!   HAHAHA!  I guess my problem is how to say "NO" without hurting his feelings.  Yes that's it.  He's really sweet and once I go into the ladies room he detaches...  HAHAHA!

I'm sorry, but this is sooooo embarassingly funny>>>>

cocobars

Orly?  Whats the best wood to buy!   ;D I mean in 2x4's? ;D

2chickiebaby

Coco, is he rich?

Is he not ugly?

Does he have hair?

Does he have pretty shoes? 

Teeth?  (his or theirs?)

cocobars

I don't know Chickie!  He's a spy.  So I guess he's rich.  I have friends that are spooks too and I can tell you that most of them are slimy.  I've past the age where I think looks, money hair (my husband was bald and I loved it!), cars or shoes have anything to do with it anymore.  I died with my marriage and I mean it.  I know that sounds cruel and maybe it is.

Just being honest...