April 18, 2024, 07:05:33 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

just what she wanted

Started by RedRose, March 05, 2010, 06:50:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cocobars

;D ;D Don't mention it?

Sorry it took me so long to respond.  Bithn my tngue...

2chickiebaby

I like this one:

EVENINGS IN THE PARISH CHURCH

Monday: Alcoholics Anonymous
Tuesday: Abused Spouses
Wednesday: Eating Disorders
Thursday: Say no to drugs
Friday: Teen Suicide Watch
Saturday: Soup Kitchen

SUNDAY SERMON

"America's Joyous Future"!!

2chickiebaby

Exactly Pen...that is exactly what it's like.  A cult.

cocobars

March 06, 2010, 06:11:09 PM #33 Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 07:42:33 PM by cocobars
Chickie I have to tell you something.  My husband was a Psychologist and I have a little insight (from him because I never understood that either ;D ;D).  When Chevy Chase was involved we couldn't watch - he said it wasn't funny, but was stupid and was simply an insult to his intelligence. 

I guess that's part of the reason we didn't work out, and besides he screamed like a little girl when he got sceerd ( ;D), and I thought it was funny!  I thought things were funny that he didn't get.  I sometimes felt sorry for him. You know laughing is healing.  Peeing in your pants laughing is "instant" (no pun intended).  He was missing out (on all that laundry!).  After I took him back and then had to tell him to go back to his girlfriend, I felt even more sorry for him.  I think now he realized his mistake - I just couldn't back up and forget.  Forgiving is one thing, but forgetting is something different.  My trust was "GONE" (that and the fact that I found out he was someone I didn't know).

Sad but true.  I think that is an occupational hazzard for them and it's sad to realize that they can't laugh. 

Or pee their pants! ;D

cocobars

Quote from: 2chickiebaby on March 06, 2010, 06:04:50 PM
I like this one:

EVENINGS IN THE PARISH CHURCH

Monday: Alcoholics Anonymous
Tuesday: Abused Spouses
Wednesday: Eating Disorders
Thursday: Say no to drugs
Friday: Teen Suicide Watch
Saturday: Soup Kitchen

SUNDAY SERMON

"America's Joyous Future"!!
;D ;D ;D ;D

2chickiebaby

March 06, 2010, 06:20:11 PM #35 Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 06:22:54 PM by 2chickiebaby
Coco! My Lord!!  Your Husband was insulted with silly things?  His life must have been torture, pure torture. I can't imagine living with someone like that and yes, you do feel sorry for them but living with no sense of humor had to be draining.

The friend I was telling you about is like that. She just doesn't get it. It goes over her head and she tries to make sense out of it.  I can tell she's trying to make sense out of something goofy that is not meant to make sense in the first place.

It is draining..draining.  But now that I think about it, people who can get humor are smarter in many ways than those kinds of people. 

cocobars

March 06, 2010, 06:24:49 PM #36 Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 06:26:21 PM by cocobars
Oh Chickie, I agree.  There were times we would have parties and I really loved doing that - entertaining.  We had a piano bar in the bottom floor of the house and it was next to the kitchen so everything was easy.  I love people.  I just do and I love to laugh.  But there were times I had to go to the bathroom (my thinking corner) just because I wanted to laugh so hard about something that happened - or something someone would say!  I would let that person know how truly funny it was and I would have to leave! 

Nope, never had to change my pants!  Went into the "bathroom" to laugh, so I was safe!  Once I met you here, I had to change the pants! ;D  It's better now...  cept for the laundry and showers :)

2chickiebaby

Coco, what a sad life.  You had to leave the room to laugh?  I wonder how he makes it with no humor?  It's like having no head.

My husband went to a convention recently so he called me while there. He told me of one of the speakers (you know those "rah rah" speakers where they have been through hell and back and still are huge successes in their fields?)  Top leaders.

This one speaker came on and described how he lost his legs in an accident and then, somehow lost all his fingers too and had to get on the floor and brush his teeth with the toothbrush secured to the floor while he turned his head from side to side.

MY LORD!!!  He was still a huge success in the field my husband is in. 

So my husband said that my the time this guy got through talking he said to himself: "STOP IT!!  THAT'S ENOUGH!!!! I can't take anymore"

cocobars

;D

Be back!  Changing my pants now!

2chickiebaby

Thank you for making me feel better...all of you. Coco, you're a heart lifter.

luise.volta

;D ;D ;D You guys are a riot! Oops!!!
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

2chickiebaby

Luise, I guess it's better than crying.  I think there's a fine line between laughing and crying. Sometimes I laugh till I cry. 

luise.volta

Me, too. But it never worked the other way...I have never cried until I laughed.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

cocobars

March 06, 2010, 07:47:40 PM #43 Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 07:54:02 PM by cocobars
I'm back!  I had to get the toothbrush off the floor and put it away - with my teeth! ;D

You're right about crying.  I'm crying now and I'm not even depressed!  It really does come with laughing!

P.S.- How do you get the toothbrush out of the toilet if it falls in? ;D

I mean, with no legs or fingers?

cocobars

Quote from: luise.volta on March 06, 2010, 07:46:06 PM
Me, too. But it never worked the other way...I have never cried until I laughed.
I have never done that either, but I have cried and someone else made me laugh...  It seems to be contagious!