March 28, 2024, 03:54:42 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Cute Holiday Fun Recipe

Started by Pooh, December 01, 2011, 12:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

Ha....I stumbled across something really cute and easy the other day on a site.  It was a site that you have to log into as a member, so it will not let me link to it, so I'm writing it in my own words and then you can google cake pops and see all kinds of websites with pictures.  It took me awhile to find the actual recipe in the site I was in so I'm just gonna tell you what to do...Lol.

You take any flavor boxed cake mix that you want and a matching flavor of icing that you want.  Cook the cake like normal, let it cool then crumble it into a big bowl.  Add 3/4 of the icing and mix it into a dough.  Pinch off the size you want and roll into balls, putting them on wax paper.  Stick them in the freezer for about 15 minutes, while you melt chocolate (again, your flavor choice).  Take a sucker stick (I bought a bag of 100 at a local craft store), dip the tip in chocolate and insert into the ball.  Now dip the ball in the chocolate and let the excess drip off.  Stick the end of the stick in styrofoam to hold them while they set, or you can put them ball down on wax paper for a flatter top.  Voila!  Cake pops!

We made these reindeer this weekend to play on for my company christmas party in a couple of weeks (with lots of kids coming) and they turned out so cute!

http://www.bakerella.com/category/pops-bites/cake-pops/

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Pooh

Aso, just wait til you start looking and see how creative people have gotten with this.  There's not a holiday, event or something they haven't covered!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

newhera

thanks for sharing! I do leisure baking myself :)

Doe

"Leisure baking" - I never heard that term before. 

My problem is leisure baking leads to leisure eating! 

Cute cake pops! 

Annabelle31

I recently came across the cutest winter holiday donut decorating ideas on Pinterest and just had to try them myself. Reindeer donuts and snowman donuts.  How cute are they???   LOVE them!  Oh the cute ideas one can find on Pinterest.    Unfortunately I can't figure out who the original creative individual was that came up with the cute snowman donuts to give them credit.     The reindeer donuts appear to be from Oriental Trading Company.

These were both SO easy to make.   I made the donuts with my Babycakes Donut Maker (I'm giving one away so you can make them too!   Head over here to enter to win!) and for decorating I used some melting chocolates, chocolate chips, M&M's, sprinkles and pretzels.    Truth be told you could probably do these with pre-made mini donuts, but I think it's a bit more fun (and probably works better) if you make them yourself.While your donuts cool, prepare your melting chocolate.  I used Candiquick for mine.    This is also a good time to lay out all of the decorations that you will need.

I used pretzels, mini chocolate chips, M&M's and some white round sprinkles.  It really is easiest if you have this all ready and don't have to mess with it when you are working with the chocolate.  For my reindeer, I poked holes into the donuts with the pretzels before dipping into the chocolate as well.    I took the pretzels out to dip the donut, and then put the pretzels back in.  The chocolate will sink into the holes, so you can see where to put the pretzels.