March 28, 2024, 03:56:45 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Abbreviations - Help

Started by cocobars, January 07, 2010, 07:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cocobars

This might be a good place for you to ask about abbreviations used here, and their meanings.  I'll start...

DDIL = Distant Daughter in Law
CDIL = Close Daughter in Law
HIMD = Hoof in Mouth Disease

Don't be afraid to ask if you run across any more that are posted and can quite figure out what they are.  If you know the meanings of some of the abbreviations used, and someone is asking about them, please don't hesitate to put them in here.

Thanks

cocobars

LOLROF = Laughing out loud rolling on the floor

LOLROG = ground instead of floor.  It's where you laugh so hard you cant control yourself and fall off the floor onto the ground instead! (yep, all the way out of the house)

Pen

I'm frequently baffled as well, but the more I hang out here the easier it gets.

I've used DDD for Dear Disable Daughter, and GK for GrandKid. I don't know if those are "real" abbreviations or not.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

cocobars

Thanks penstamen!  I'm not sure any of them are "real" either, but it helps us newbies to have a reference. 

Orly

POS= parent over shoulder,   of course this can change with whoever is standing there.
ROFLMAO=  variation of Coco's,   rolling on the floor laughing my a** off.

cocobars

Hmm..  POS - I wouldn't have known that one.

Orly

Well Coco,  I did forget that one does double duty. For most people texting it is that, it can also stand for when you are talking about an old junker car (in example)  as a piece of ****.  Sorry, I just slipped on the dual meaning.

While responding I almost used       ppl =people  too.

Orly

cremebrulee

How bout
DFTDOSOHTBHRYTEYTPOYN

Don't feed the dragon or step on his toes, b/c he'll roast you then eat you, and poop out your nose

cremebrulee

cocobars

LOL!  I NEVER WOULD HAVE GOTTEN THAT, CREME!

RedRose

How about these...

BBIAS... be back in a sec
BBL... be back later
BBML... be back much later
BBN... bye bye now
BBS... be back soon
BBSL... be back sooner or later

Orly

ttfn...tata for now
L8r.... later
brb...be right back