March 28, 2024, 10:32:32 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Forum questions. How do you do that ?

Started by mom2, November 25, 2009, 05:15:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mom2

J2B,

How do you add the quote to the top of your posts ? ( in a different text ). I tried to click on the ' quote ' and it pasted the whole post in the reply. Also, how do I add a pic to my profile ?
Thanks in advance for any help.
                                                                                        MOM2

2chickiebaby

I would like to know that too, J2b.....I know you can help.

Gransy, we will be thinking about you!!  I hope it turns out to be a good trip for you.  I feel bad for you and for those kids.  Maybe your influence can overturn a lot of the bad parenting your daughter and son in law give. 

It's kind of sad but kids desperately want discipline, they feel unsafe when there is no structure.  They are probably acting out because of that. In fact, I'm positive they are...I guess any child would be bad if they didn't feel safe. (I am not saying they should be spanked....don't call the PC Police!!! ;D)

just2baccepted

I'm not sure how to quote only part of a post using the "quote" feature.  I've tried that numerous times but I can't figure it out.  I know its possible though b/c I've seen other posters do it as well.  So what I do is if I don't want to use the whole post then I just copy and paste and then click the italicize button.

On the picture, you log in first then click MODIFY PROFILE,  then click FORUM PROFILE and then you can go from there to pick a picture.  Good Luck!

2chickiebaby

J2b...wishing you the sweetest Thanksgiving you ever had with your Honey... :)

just2baccepted

Thank you Chickie, Happy  Thanksgiving to you and everyone else as well!!

Here in about an hour I'm going to head to kitchen and start putting together some of it so I'm not overwhelmed tomorrow.  Hopefully my mom might come over for awhile but she most likely will go out to my aunt and uncles to fix Thanksgiving for them.

I hope all of you can have a nice holiday without too much IL stress.  Good Luck!!  :P

2chickiebaby

You deserve the best of everything, J2b...I know you're trying to make Lemonade out of all this and in the end, that's all we can do.  I wish I could talk to your MIL....she really needs to understand your heart.  I think, if she's human, she would know what a great girl (woman) you are.   :)

Pen

Well, here's to thriving and surviving! Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. No matter how grim it seems, we all have at least one thing to be thankful for, don't we? I hope we all have something positive to report. DS reminded me yesterday to just be myself and let DIL's issues be her issues. 

Re: Quotes - I click the quote button and then delete the parts I don't want by moving my cursor to the end of the unwanted text and then hitting backspace until the parts I don't want are removed. I don't know if this is the geeky way to do it, but it worked for me.

Any gluten free/dairy free folks out there? I'm attempting a GF pie crust this year to go with a tofu pumpkin pie (not as gross as it sounds; you really can't tell it isn't made with evap milk.)
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

2chickiebaby

I think we're married to the same man, Penstamen but aside from that, the site I like for recipes is: allrecipes.com

It has tons of things on there for all kinds of food.  Can't wait till we get to tell our stories. I'm so afraid but not as afraid as I was.  I'm expecting nothing so that should help.

mom2

I'm expecting nothing so that should help
Chickie,
That's a wonderful way to not be disappointed !

Penstamen,

Thank you too for the forum help