March 28, 2024, 05:54:26 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

I'm Back

Started by luise.volta, April 18, 2011, 01:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

Dear WWUers,

The level of vulnerability I have recently experienced temporarily made the situation at WWU too difficult for me to cope with. I'm now ready to take the reins back from Kirk who graciously offered to intervene but needs to get back to work. I thank him for his affection for all of us. Are we lucky, or what?

I have sent literally hundreds of WWU Kudos to Kirk over the last two years from women who have found a safe haven here; a place to learn, understand, heal and move on by sharing with others who care. Those women didn't turn their lives around because I am a Pollyanna. They didn't heal and thrive because I want everyone to "make nice" and lock any thread that suggests otherwise.

I stepped into deep waters when I welcomed daughters in law here and I disagree with those of you who have advised me that you feel they should be sent on their way. Their way is my way and I feel the reason we have seen so many dramatic recoveries here is because we have dared to discount MIL and DIL generalizations and have chosen, instead, to look at both sides of the coin. Most but not all of us have come to the realization that it's not the title, it's the person. So, no, I'm not going back to www.MothersInLawUnite.com. The operative word being "back." We're moving forward.

Regarding the Personal Message option, more people than you could imagine have inadvertently sent me PMs meant for others. It's not in the software, it's a user error. So I am all too familiar with how it can be used to roast others and me. It is also used to incite. Why would I support that? Our forum is composed of our threads and postings. I think what's fair is to ask Kirk to open it up for the rest of the month to let you make whatever arrangements you want to. So, I will do that.

Those of you who don't like me, my methods or my Forum are free to leave. What are you doing here in the first place? If you can't state your position, no matter how intense, respectfully and without being judgmental...you are not welcome here.

Those of you who feel WWU is a fit, please stay. Thank you for standing tall through all of this. You have been very effective and are cherished, valued members in high standing.

Sending love...

Luise
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Nana

Yes Captain....my Captain

Understood and acknowledged.

Thanks

Love you Luise....
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

seasage

Welcome back, Luise.  I hope you will be able to continue this useful forum without too much personal stress.  Let us know how we can help.

SunnyDays09

Happy Days are here again!!  Couldn't resist.  This is where you belong, Luise.  Please thank your son for doing what he does so well.

(I have no idea what happened but it's better that way) 

holliberri

Good to have you back, Luise. I echo Seasage's sentiments.

pam1

So glad to see you back :) 
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

lancaster lady

Sometimes good things fall apart , so better things can fall together ..... :)

Welcome back Luise , hope I am welcome on your Forum , you have my utmost respect always .... :)

Forum Moderator

Well said, Mom. I don't imagine many women (or men) in their mid eighties are moderating busy forums. I'm proud of you.

And I'm proud of the majority of the WWU members who are creating such a safe space for personal growth and healing.

Regarding in-laws, I find it so heartbreaking when families break apart from "being right," miscommunication, and strife, and so heartwarming when they have the courage to learn, grow, and reunite.

cadagi101

thankyou so much, lets get on with it!! yeahh

BrokenHope

Whew!!!!!!!!! Thank Goodness.
When I came across this site I thought I had died and gone to heaven and found angles who understood my pain.

This is what the WWU and Luise mean to me

The true friends who we meet online
are a very special kind. They pierce your shields and see within the corners of your mind.
They're always there when you're in need with their power to discern. They feel your pain.........they offer hope and genuine concern.
We bare our souls, expose our hearts and show our inner fears, and then before you know it the keyboard's stained with tears.
And if we could see them through that screen then no one could deny that to be a TRUE online friend they too must surely cry.
Life's events don't always happen, Just as they are planned. some are really trying times, WW fully understand. Moments like the present, past and future Tend to upset and confuse, WW try to give you their support, In any path we choose. They`ll listen always with their hearts, They`ll do what they can do, They`ll hope for brighter things to come. Their thoughts remain with all of us.
They know about our situations. Yet they have their own life's demands; But they never want you to forget they are here and are the one`s who understand!
Although my pain is deep and hard for me to share and I have only been here for a short time, you all have helped me continue on my healing path.
I am proud to call myself a WWU family member.
Thank you for Coming back Luise and thank you for being my angel

BrokenHope

One more thing..

It`s lifes thorns that make the roses all worth while. :)

Nana

I like the spirit everyone has today....go ww....go.

Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

Pen

Luise and Kirk, thank you again for this incredible site. I was devastated at first when I thought there was a good chance you'd close it, but I soon realized I'd learned so much here that I could probably manage, sadly, without it. I'm glad I don't have to test my bravado right now! But it's a testament to the growth that is possible here if we support one another's progress.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Rose799

Very sweet, BH...  It's so nice to have you back, Luise! 

BrokenHope

;D Thats My story and how I feel about this place and I`m sticking to it.... ;D