March 28, 2024, 01:04:05 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Luise I must be a bit vague

Started by cadagi101, April 15, 2011, 04:37:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadagi101

Vague because I havent noticed any real drama's on the site.    I had a break away with my dh for 5 day's without a computer and any quiet time we had...when dh and I weren't together I didn't want TV or movies i wanted to go on and read WWU.      .   I feel lost when I don't feel I can jump on and post my feelings, we all need that and we are isolated in outback NSW and WWU is my only real contact as Mental Health support is 400k's.   

I'll pop back dh has just come in for coffee.... 

cadagi101

Quote from: Julia on April 15, 2011, 04:37:16 PM
Vague because I havent noticed any real drama's on the site.    I had a break away with my dh for 5 day's without a computer and any quiet time we had...when dh and I weren't together I didn't want TV or movies i wanted to go on and read WWU.      .   I feel lost when I don't feel I can jump on and post my feelings, we all need that and we are isolated in outback NSW and WWU is my only real contact as Mental Health support is 400k's.   

Ok I'm back, well not as cheery as I felt earlier.    I told dh I hit a kangarro last night.  OK no big deal, he looked at the damage,

I'll be back my friend wants me to tye aletter for her. 

cadagi101

Ok dh shouted from the other end of the house WHAT ELSE DID YOU HIT!!!  I promised I didn't hit any brick walls!! or another car he said I have never known a roo to take paint of like that you must have hit something else.     So I was angry :how dare you not believe me, I wouldn't lie, you think you know better etc etc....what about gee darn roos, glad your OK, life goes on all that sort of stuff.   I am overtired, had a late night.   

I will be back...

My point is  we can't always sit and compose a sensitive email response to others..often so much else goes on in between compiling a post.   I sometimes don't have time to edit or re-read my post to others so it is very easy to type more harshly then intended.

I think that is when apolgies come into it and if the sinscerity of the apology is unknown then so what just accept it>>>

WWU has saved me from a life of guilt and blame and has taught me that I am important, believe in myself,  what our adult children think of us is there's to own not mine, and so much more....I posted early in the year about my daughter overdosing well it was a doozy of a post and i was surprised Luise didn't write me of, it was so out of left field.    thankfully she didn't boy was i pleased with the support I got.     I recommend this site to friends and I am able to give more structured and strong advice and suggestions to them as I have the Wise words of women here, it helps so much.   

Isolation can be anywhere even when you have close neigbours,  the computer is all some of us have.      I don't want to lose WWU.

Quote from: Julia on April 15, 2011, 05:10:19 PM
Quote from: Julia on April 15, 2011, 04:37:16 PM

Ok I'm back, well not as cheery as I felt earlier.    I told dh I hit a kangarro last night.  OK no big deal, he looked at the damage,

I'll be back my friend wants me to tye aletter for her.

cadagi101

Who else but WWU would listen to my tale about skittling skippy (by the way he hopped of, no animal has died in this story)?????   

AnonymousDIL

Wow! I'm from the states. So for some unknown bizarro reason, I think it is kinda cool you hit a kangaroo  :-[ lol Not really though. Glad he was okay! And Very Very Glad that YOU are too!!!

cadagi101

Quote from: AnonymousDIL on April 15, 2011, 07:33:56 PM
Wow! I'm from the states. So for some unknown bizarro reason, I think it is kinda cool you hit a kangaroo  :-[ lol Not really though. Glad he was okay! And Very Very Glad that YOU are too!!!

I woke this morning and looked out my bedroom window (from comfort of my bed and saw 2 lovely large specimans a few metres away.)     Then I noticed honey eaters building their nest again in claret ash tree.      Odd because it is winter here but unseasonally warm.    We also have wild scrub pigs coming up to our house (not so good they are gross)   an echindna in our garden shed,   and my husband swears koala are getting around.    i would love to see them they are in our area.     We often see brumbies on our roads and they are grand horses just stunning.    i guess i could go on.     Who couldn't feel happy to be alive today.  Sounds a bit idylic here I suppose, I need to write a things I am grateful for thankful list.     

cdb

Julia,
I was going to check and see if I got a Pm from you and then found out it is turned off. How are we to communicate? I want to give you my email address, but am not sure I should put it here for all to see. What is your suggestion? Just when I feel so alone, You are always there checking on me to see if I am okay and then I feel like at least one person on this earth cares. If they do open for some hours to get peoples emails, are you able to get mine then? I do not use my computer daily. I miss you! cdb

cadagi101

Quote from: cdb on April 16, 2011, 01:17:09 AM
Julia,
I was going to check and see if I got a Pm from you and then found out it is turned off. How are we to communicate? I want to give you my email address, but am not sure I should put it here for all to see. What is your suggestion? Just when I feel so alone, You are always there checking on me to see if I am okay and then I feel like at least one person on this earth cares. If they do open for some hours to get peoples emails, are you able to get mine then? I do not use my computer daily. I miss you! cdb

thankyou cbd i thought of you immediately I recieved the no PM message.
I'll get back to you have to fly

myree

i havent noticed any conflict either , but maybe in areas i dont post. i hit a kangaroo in my little ford festiva 6 yrs ago it looked like i hit an elephant!lucky iwasinsured i got my car fixed but it happened a days drive form my home , i,ll never forget it.

Faithlooksup

Oh my Gosh you guys, hitting a Kangaroo has to be frightening~~and then on the other had it probably is not different than hitting a deer where I live.....I am glad you are all OK.....

Julia, sometimes husbands "over react" when looking at car damages~~perhaps he did not mean all that he said......Have a Better day...

Sending Hugs across the miles...Faith :)

AnonymousDIL

Julia, I'm more of a sarcastic person. So if MY hubby had questioned what I hit, I probably would have made something up like "Well, at first it was just the Roo, but then I swerved into a heard of dingoes who were stealing a woman's baby." LOL

cadagi101

cbd
if I were to miss getting your email address, my address is on my profile now...

If that is difficult then send me a Pm with your email address.

If that doesn't work I will post my email address on WWU. 

Don't worry something will definately work out...

A...  I think sarcasm definately has it's place,   but when dh had a sore foot last night and asked for a foot massage let's just say I wasn't sympathetic.    Dh cup of coffee was ummm a bit strong....dinner was a bit ordinary...let's just say I asked for an apology and the answer was "you are not being honest with me"   I have dug my toes in...maybe I will spend all those $$$ on the outfit after all.     I may as well be dishonest when I say I bought it from the $10 sale!!!
sometimes you can't win..but this time I think I might, I'll let you know in a week!!

LaurieS

Quote from: Julia on April 16, 2011, 03:55:19 PM

Dh cup of coffee was ummm a bit strong....dinner was a bit ordinary...

Do they not catch on that we will not go down without a fight?  husbands :)

cadagi101

Quote from: Laurie on April 16, 2011, 10:27:55 PM
Quote from: Julia on April 16, 2011, 03:55:19 PM

Dh cup of coffee was ummm a bit strong....dinner was a bit ordinary...

Do they not catch on that we will not go down without a fight?  husbands :)

sometimes dh is a bit slow on the uptake on one hand,  yet so intelligent and quickwitted on the other.     

well after the silent treatment for 24 hrs (which included 8hrs sleep) he wanted a peck on the cheek I said no you haven't apologised for being so rude to me.   He said sorry sweetie sorry sweetie.  (He never calls me sweetie) I don't want to be called sweetie!!     He said well I can't win.   OK I accepted his apology and will cook his favorite dinner tonight.    Will they ever learn we are always right....or suffer the consequenses buster.

LaurieS

I would have made it his 3rd favorite dinner,  just to let him know that you still aren't thrilled :)   I've noticed that my dh will occasionally question my word.. and I think at times it's just a bad habit.. it's certainly not what I think of a topic of conversation... I'm sure he meant no harm... If I came home and said that I hit a kangaroo he would have committed me, he wouldn't have questioned my story :)