March 28, 2024, 07:42:30 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

How Do You Try To Restore Some Happiness

Started by myree, February 25, 2011, 04:45:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

myree

:)what is it that you do to let the love back to your self ...for me its big warm hug from my hubby of 18 yrs its just feels familiar...

luise.volta

February 25, 2011, 11:21:11 AM #1 Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 11:27:07 AM by luise.volta
I eat a Snickers bar (or two) and tell myself I'm worth it. (That's the truth!)
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

holliberri

A nice long run. A glass of wine. Some chocolate. Sushi. Guacamole. A new haircut. But, when those can't be found, a nice hug works just fine.

Yvonne De Carlo is one of the most beautiful women that has graced this planet. IMHO.  :)

AnonymousDIL

Quote from: luise.volta on February 25, 2011, 11:21:11 AM
I eat a Snickers bar (or two) and tell myself I'm worth it. (That's the truth!)

or Five or Six..... LOL We are talking about the mini's right? I think I could eat a WHOLE bag! Pass the chocolate please!

I'm actually a bubble bath kinda gal. Have a tv in the bathroom. Put in you favorite movie and soak your troubles away!

LaurieS

I get that warm fuzzy feeling when my husband says the three magic word sets.. "I love you" and "go buy it"

luise.volta

Those last three words make my heart melt.

LaurieS

Yes, mine too  ... just last week I got tired of hearing about this pool screen he wanted.. so I walked in the house and called the people and said be here, put the darn thing on (they are here as we speak) my dh said, yes but you did it out of anger.. I said hmm then show me how it should be done lol.. tomorrow we are going to look at the bench I've been watching for 6 months now. After he committed to that I said oh lookie my new knife set just came today.... I'd like to mention that I've had some of my knives since we were married

luise.volta

cadagi101

Quote from: Laurie on February 25, 2011, 12:03:45 PM
Yes, mine too  ... just last week I got tired of hearing about this pool screen he wanted.. so I walked in the house and called the people and said be here, put the darn thing on (they are here as we speak) my dh said, yes but you did it out of anger.. I said hmm then show me how it should be done lol.. tomorrow we are going to look at the bench I've been watching for 6 months now. After he committed to that I said oh lookie my new knife set just came today.... I'd like to mention that I've had some of my knives since we were married

What about the pool fence lol.     Hope you can find one in somewhere in the USA.   Although we do have the best fencing materials here in Australia.

A cup of coffee and 2 chocolate frogs last night was lovely.    (we also have a frog plague at the moment of the real kind ).       Tonight I will go for the big hug,  a reminder about what is comforting to us is important.   

LaurieS

If I lived in Australia I would have the fence of my dreams... I sent the homeowners association a couple photos of what we want.. they aren't sure and why.. because no one else has a fence like this.. I said yes but that's not the point the point is does it meat all criteria?

LOL.. Luise, he still trust me with knifes, he'll even turn his back when I'm busy chopping slicing and dicing.. it's my own fingers that don't trust me.

LaurieS

I have control.. I would have only eaten one of these

cadagi101

Quote from: Laurie on February 25, 2011, 12:52:23 PM
I have control.. I would have only eaten one of these

That's hilarious, where can I get one???

LaurieS

oh is your frog different then this.. I googled Australia frog

cadagi101

February 25, 2011, 12:59:07 PM #13 Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 01:47:31 PM by luise.volta
Quote from: Laurie on February 25, 2011, 12:55:50 PM
oh is your frog different then this.. I googled Australia frog

Once melted that would be exactly our Australian frog when it is squashed by my foot in a shoe. yukkk

luise.volta