March 28, 2024, 08:22:56 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Wrinkles!! Who Me??

Started by Faithlooksup, January 15, 2011, 06:27:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

They referred to those as the "special" brownies when I was young....
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

grammyto2

Hi Kathleen,

Liked your suggestion for the Ginger Root Supplements... Was your Knee Pain due to an injury? What strength or mg's is the Ginger Root ?

Thanks much,
Kathy
grammyto2

Pooh

Ginger is what my friend's had us take when we were going on our first cruise.  It combats sea-sickness.  So we bought some candied ginger and about 4 hrs before getting on board, starting eating it.  It worked!  Sucked on it off and on the first day, and then didn't need it after that.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

kathleen

Kathy,

My knee pain is not due to an injury, just very early arthritis.  It wasn't bad but I could see that it could get worse.  Ginger really helped.  I tried this chondroitin once and it seemed to do nothing.  I'll have to look up the strength; I basically just ordered some capsules from the Vitamin Shoppe.  They give great service, and I think their vitamins are fresh---anyone know anything bad about the Shoppe?  I was less impressed with their probiotics, and bought mine at Whole Foods, but what high prices.  (The store has been nicknamed "Whole Paycheck.")

Hope yours isn't bad.

Pooh, put some of that ginger in your Margarita.  Then you have a good excuse to drink it.

Kathleen

Pen

Ginger Margarita - sounds like a stripper name  ;)

Kathleen, probiotics are expensive everywhere. I haven't found a reasonably priced one yet. "Whole Paycheck.." Love it  ;D
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

LaurieS

We've had great luck with the Pro Biotics called Acidophilus Pearls, 90 count.   I get them on Amazon through the automatic subscriptions (which you can change or cancel any time) for the price of $14.51, no shipping.

My daughter went through a nightmare trying to diagnose what was causing her abdominal problems.. they had run a couple of very invasive test and could not come up with anything but a clean bill of health.  She has increased her fiber and water along with the pro biotic because while they did not cause constipation, they did produce a harder stool... After two months she is doing great and now instead of getting sick five days a week, she is only effected once every three weeks or so... Final loose diagnoses for her is IBS, kind of a catch all but they had to call it something.

kathleen

Kathy,

The ginger root I take from Vitamin Shoppe is 550 mgs, 300 capsules. If you get on their email list you can sometimes get free shipping.

Pen, the Whole Foods probiotics were $29 for 30 capsules.  I got them because they met all this criteria:

1.  High culture count (total amount of friendly bacteria) at least 15 billion (up to 50 billion, mine are 30)

2.  Multiple strains (different types) of good bacteria

3.  Choose one with at least 10 different strains, all of which should start with L or B

4.  High amount of bifido bacteria

5.  Delayed release

6.  Potency at end of expiration label should specify how many cultures are still there at expiration

I wrote this down at the end of a PBS show on nutrition.  I've forgotten the name of the woman; she's their latest guru.

Laurie, how do you get on Amazon automatic subscription and what does it mean?  Do the Acid. Pearls meet the above criterion?  All the users raved about them; they do have the delayed release but couldn't find other info matching above.

Bravo for supplements,

Kathleen

Pooh

Kathleen, I shall have to try that...then I can drink tons of them and never get sick?  Yay!  And I recieved my DML Forte today...can't wait to try it tonight!
Joseph Campbell

LaurieS

I have found that post tend to disappear when you hit send and don't notice the pink message stating that someone else has posted a message since you view it last.. if you don't rehit send, and move on then it's lost

My dd's doctor had suggested Florstor probiotics, he said that he has found this to be the best for most of his patients... We did not see any results and that was when she switched to the Pearls.  There is a book you might want to look for in the library called The Probiotics Revolution.. I found some helpful information, even if I do not believe that I will jump on the probiotics is the food of the Gods's bandwagon.  My dd's doctor felt that every American, and he did say American should be taking probiotics because of the over the top consumption of processed foods, and not just processed but foods that are not fermented.  I'm assuming that your doc recommended them due to a possible abundance of antibiotics that you will take for an extended period with your upcoming surgery.   

I had already tossed the Pearls box containing all the information that you asked about.  The manufactures name should be listed on the Amazon site as well.  The 15% savings is not on all amazon products but when it is, there is a paragraph about it under the main heading and again on the far right there is an area where you can set your shipping frequency.  I've signed up for the subscription, and canceled as soon as I've received the product yet received my 15% off.

Faithlooksup

Kathleen...where ever you are...just wanted to let you know that my DML Forte and my DML daily facial moisturizer has arrived.....(plus the free gift)  So far so good, I do like them both...Thanks for the heads up on this product...

Faith :)