April 18, 2024, 04:50:50 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Luise's New/Old Romance

Started by LaurieS, January 01, 2011, 08:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurieS

Yes I have had to put eyes into people in the past, and remove acne etc.  I use to have a really fun program but it does not work on my vista operating system and the company is not upgrading it so now I feel so very limited..  You need to learn how to crop a photo and resize, those are probably the two most important.. I have a program on my computer (free download) called shrink pic http://www.onthegosoft.com/sp_download.htm I used this ultra convenient program when I want to send photos via email but I  don't want to send huge files.. the photo size is automatically greatly reduced. 

I am so far behind in sorting, renaming, and backing up all my photos, that I have to move this to a must-do-asap list...  Nothing would be worse then to lose your computer and your family photos on it.

Here is a New Years project that everyone should think about doing.  Has nothing to do with weight loss either, so you tall skinny people can participate as well.  Photograph everything in your house, inside cabinets, inside the garage.. your tv, and try to get your serial numbers if possible.  If your camera has a movie mode available, use that as well.  If you can prove you had an item in your house your insurance is more homeowner friendly in the event of a disaster of  any size.  Of course after you photographically inventory your house, you'll want to burn the pictures to disk and store in a safety deposit box or you can just send a copy to a relative to store, preferably one that you are not here expressing problems with.

I promised myself that I'm getting started as soon as I get my son (yikes who is  now living back home for a short time) off to Japan.  Good luck ladies.

Pooh

Here's one for you Laurie.  It's almost exactly like photoshop (expensive) but it's free!  I have a friend who does websites, who hooked me up with this one.

www.gimp.com
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

I have Picasa's and Photobucket's programs. I doubt that I would ever outgrow them. Haven't even ventured in.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

LaurieS

I'll have to check that out Pooh.. I use Paint Shop Pro, but it was a little program called Picture It that I loved, as I used it for all my cutouts etc...like one time I was working on something for the softball team and was able to place each girl on a mountain top while running the audio 'ain't no mountain high enough'.  But I'll always look at new programs... thanks

LaurieS

Quote from: Pooh on January 11, 2011, 08:09:42 AM
who hooked me up with this one.

My daughter just informed me that this is not an acceptable term today.. apparently it has some sort of sexual innuendos.  She asked.. Mom what kind of a chat room are you in?  I mean what do I look like a pervert now?  Good thing she didn't see the posting about Luise and her bared breast.   

luise.volta

Pooh

Tell her it only has sexual innuendo if that's where your brain is!  Lol.   ;D
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Let's see...where is my brain? Oh, dear, have I misplaced it again?

Pooh

No, I borrowed it for a while...I'll bring it back in a bit after I absorb some wisdom.
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Pooh

Joseph Campbell

LaurieS

She's 23 with a really 'hot' boyfriend or so I've been informed ... lol.. by him.  I know where their brains are... I'm just happy that she can turn him off I guess as well as she turns him on... she got her grades from her first semester and is at a 4.0.. amazing how seriously they take school when it's their money they are spending.

luise.volta

4.0 and a hot guy? How good can it get?  8) Good for her!!!

Pen

Quote from: Laurie on January 11, 2011, 08:24:06 PM
Quote from: Pooh on January 11, 2011, 08:09:42 AM
who hooked me up with this one.

My daughter just informed me that this is not an acceptable term today.. apparently it has some sort of sexual innuendos.  She asked.. Mom what kind of a chat room are you in?  I mean what do I look like a pervert now?  Good thing she didn't see the posting about Luise and her bared breast.

Don't tell your teens to "get busy."

There are a ton of other phrases we have to watch out for as well but I can't remember them now.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Pooh

We had a message on our answering machine last night.  It was a wrong number but the girl sounded in her teens and was speaking in text!

Ok, I text on my phone a bunch, and I use some of the abbreviations like: Lol, ROTFL and B4, but I still spell out everything else.  But now I need to speak in text?  I'm not kidding...the message was something like this:

"XXXXX, girl.  Where are you? L-O-L.  Well call me.  I have somthing to tell you and O-M-G you will be L-Y-A-O.  Hit me back."

I about died when I heard it.  My DH wouldn't let me call her back and say, "Girl...you got the wrong N-U-M-B-E-R."
Joseph Campbell