March 28, 2024, 02:58:07 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

"A Letter To Santa"

Started by Faithlooksup, December 23, 2010, 04:17:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faithlooksup

Hi Everyone~~Seasons Greetings!!  I am certain that at one time or another you have read the article which I am now going to post.  I know I have many years ago, well I received this in a Christmas Card from a dear friend of mine the other day and I would Love to share this with you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~A Letter to Santa~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My five year old scribbled out his Christmas list.  It's here by the fireplace.  The Coke and chocolates are from him, in case your're hungry.  You know five year-olds these days.  The Cheez-Its are from me.
Santa, if you don't mind, I thought i'd go ahead and leave my list too.  It's long, but do what you can.
Its all I want for Christmas.

~Santa let my little boy grow up still believing that he has the funniest dad in the neighborhood.
~Give him many close friends, both boys and girls.  May they fill his days with adventure, security, and dirty fingernails.
~Leave his Mom and me some magic dust that will keep him just the size he is now.  We'd just as soon he stayed five years old and three feet, four inches tall.
~If  he must grow up, Santa make sure he still wants to sit on my lap at bedtime and read Frog & Toad together.
~If you can help it, Santa, never let him be sent into war.  His mother and I love our country, but we love our 5 year old boy more.
~While you're at it, give our world leaders a copy of The Killer Angels.  Michael Shara's retelling of the Battle of Gettysburg.  May it remind them that too many moms and dads have wept at Christmas time for soldiers who died in battles that needn't have been fought.
~Let our house always be filled with slamming doors and toilet seats, which are the official sounds of little boys.~~~Break it to him gently Santa, that his dad won't always be able to carry him to bed at night or brush his teeth for him.  Teach him courage in the face of such change.
~Let him understand that no matter how nice you are to everyone, the world will sometimes break your heart.  As you know, Santa, child's feelings are as fragileas moth wings.
~Let him become a piano player, a soccer star, or a clergyman.  Or all three. Anything but a politician.
~Give him hunger for books, music and geography.  May he be the first kid in kindergarten to be able to find Madagascar on the map.
~The kid's a born artist, Santa, so send more crayons.  May our kitchen window and refrigerator doors be ever plastered with his sketches of surreal rainbows and horses with big ears.
~Stir him oh-so-carefully to that little girl destined to be his bride.  Let his mother and me still be around when he walks her down the aisle.   If there is a just God, let her daddy be obscenely rich.
~Grant him a heart that will cherish what his parents did right, and forgive us for the mistakes we surely will have made over a lifetime of raising him.
~Let him not hold it against us that he was born with my chin and his mother's ears.  Time will teach him that these are God's way of girding him for life's adversities.
~Hold him steady on the day he learns the truth about you and the Easter Bunny.  May he take the news better than I did.
~While you are flying around the heavens, Santa make sure God has heard our prayer for this child: Lead our little boy not into temptation; deliver him from evil.

Be careful out there, Santa...And close the flue on your way up.

~~David V. Chartrand

Faithlooksup

Well, I thought this was sweet..... ;D