March 28, 2024, 01:30:20 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

The Honesty Game

Started by Pooh, November 24, 2010, 05:54:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

Ok, so some of us have had some stress with holidays looming (raises her hand high!)  So I have decided to start an honesty game to prove life it just too darn short to waste it on sadness.  I will try to provide a weekly honesty question. 

There is only one rule.  You have to tell the truth!!!!!

Today's honesty question:

You must post to this if you have ever.......Stood in front of a door, pushing with all of your might only to look up and see the huge "PULL" sign.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Pooh

;D  <-----this would be me posting in admittance.....
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Marilyn

Tara

elsieshaye

Yep, more often than I should probably admit to. :D
This too shall pass.  All is well.

Pen

How about over and over again on different occasions with the same door? Yup, that would be me :(
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Barbie

Nana

Ja Ja...yes....and then hearing someone telling you  "pull".  I am a very distracted person....just like my dad was......so it has happened all my life.
\
Love
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

Orly

Why won't this stupid door OPEN?  (Peers in)  Come on, I SEE you, unlock the door!  (pushes once again)

Deja 'vu....more than once on my list of attempts to open the door the wrong way.

Faithlooksup

Of course I have done this!!!!!  And then turned 10 shades on red and turned around to see how many people were watching....And then I had to laugh at myself!!!!! :D

Pooh

Ok, sorry I have been away, and fighting strep throat since I have been back from vacation. 

New Honesty Question:

Have you ever passed gas accidentally in a store, that had less than a favorable odor, and then moved quickly away hoping someone else would get blamed?
Joseph Campbell

LaurieS

December 13, 2010, 06:34:10 AM #11 Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 10:48:00 AM by Laurie
Is anyone else catching on that Pooh is sounding like she could be the life of the party?

elsieshaye

Haha, my mother would do this all the time.  What made it even more hilarious was that she was outwardly so reserved and dignified.  Watching her get this embarrassed/mischievous look on her face and then scoot out of the vicinity, was priceless.  (This is the same woman who surprised me once as a kid by burping the alphabet in front of some of my friends, and who taugh my son to flick peas across the table while we were in my parents' favorite (and rather elegant) restaurant.  :D  )
This too shall pass.  All is well.

Pooh

Quote from: Laurie on December 13, 2010, 06:34:10 AM
Is anyone else catching on that Pooh is sounding like she could be the life of the party?

Hee Hee Laurie.  I actually have that one saved on my computer!

Elsieshaye, My Mother is the same way.  Always proper and dignified.  But she taught both my sons when they were small how to draw complete faces out of the food on their dinner plate at her house.  Was funny until they started doing it at nice restaurants!
Joseph Campbell

Pooh

This week's honesty question:

Have you ever ran into someone that you know and can not remember their name for nothing, so you end up saying, "Oh You, You look so wonderful!"  And then whoever is with you (DH, friend, etc.) stands there waiting to be introduced and you just kind of ignore the fact they are standing there?
Joseph Campbell