March 29, 2024, 12:40:36 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

My Vent for the Day

Started by Pooh, December 21, 2010, 08:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

holliberri

Pooh,

I thought the same thing as Penelope; I didn't realize the mother was living at home with her mom and so young to boot. The only way she'd be pulling that sort of stuff with her own child is if she had a cheerleader. Everyone else would be telling her to hand over the social security information.  I watch Teen Mom and that kind of reminds me of a girl on there who's boyfriend died before she had the baby. Her parents waited TWO years to tell her she could apply for social security benefits for the baby (after she finally moved out). Then she finally got the money and they were like, "That's not even enough to pay for groceries." It was still something, and she needed it badly for a LONG time before she started getting it. They were trying to keep her under their control. So sad.

Pooh

Yes, I am a firm believer in the fact that her Mother had much to do with all of this.  I really liked this girl when they were dating.  She was funny, smart and very sweet.  We got along great until the pregnancy and then I think her Mother filled her head with all kinds of lies.  Her Mother is not stable.  But, right after my GC was born, she married another guy and moved out with him, so she has a chance now to stand up for herself.  Her Mother is still in the picture though.  My YS was 17 and she was 16 when the pregnancy occurred.  She was 17 when GC was born.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell