March 28, 2024, 10:34:20 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Moving Day

Started by luise.volta, October 09, 2010, 08:07:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

October 12, 2010, 04:29:32 PM #15 Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 08:36:51 AM by luise.volta
Thank you for the good wishes! I know this is a fit and I will be happy here. It was just hard to sign a lease without Val. Packing was hard, I only brought "me." And the fatigue is just what it is. It's been six months since I collapsed and had to put Val into nursing. At 83 it takes lots longer to recoup and I put it off way too long. Almost wiped myself out.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Barbie

Louise, I'm thinking of you and wishing you the best. Take care of yourself, no need to rush.
Hugs.

luise.volta

What a comfort you all are! It is really remarkable how much I feel your warmth and caring. I'm putting one foot ahead of the other and have unpacked everything I brought with me in my car. (The stuff I had to keep in the house to live there after I boxed up everything else.) Feels good. If I'm up to it, I will move my dishes, glasses and flatware today and maybe a few knick-knacks. I'm yearning to hang some pictures on my bare walls but I can't remember where I packed my hammer. Maybe I'll just borrow one.  ;)

Pooh

Been out of the loop for about 3 weeks and still trying to play catch up here!  Congrats Luise!  HUD housing?  That must stand for "Humanely Understanding Dreamer."
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

;D ;D During the move, HUD felt like Hurry Up, Dummy!  ;D ;D