I am a teacher on summer break. Please forgive my need to issue an assignment.
Many times, I ask my students to summarize the daily lesson using only six words. This forces them to cut out the fluff, and focus on the essential material. Can we do the same?
Here goes: In exactly six words, can you describe one (or more) of the following:
1) Why you are on this site
2) What your current MIL/ DIL relationship is like
3) What you are going to do to make it better
I will take a stab at it
1) Proactively working to improve my relationship
2) Not bad, but could be better
3) Assume her intentions are all good
Thanks for playing! ;) I promise I will not issue grades!
I am on this site because:
I created it for interactive healing.
1) Evaluate myself and learn from others
2) Cloudy with a chance of thunderstorms
3) Improve relationship with communication and understanding
Opps! I flunked already! :'(
2. Warm, caring, understanding, thoughtful, supportive, fun.
3. Listen, bend, adapt, contribute, empathize...joyfully.
Nah...you didn't flunk....she said ONE or MORE. ;D
Well, I still flunk because i didn't read the instructions! ;D ;D ;D
You are so funny squishy!
;D ;D ;D
1. Supportive posts make this transition healthier.
2. She's very organized; I'm less so.
3. Let it go, let it go.
1) seeking support and searching for answers
2) sadly no communication in the least
3) seeking ways to open some communication
1) Why you are on this site: Seeking perspective/understanding from other's experiences.
2) What your current MIL/ DIL relationship is like (It's actually my XH): Strained, crazy-making: camel's back broken.
3) What you are going to do to make it better: My mantra: This really doesn't matter.
1) I was looking for answers on how to handle myFDIL
2) S..Gritty. There is no answer except to
3) become totally self satisfied and self assured
1. In search of wisdom from those who've gone before me
2. Currently non-existent.
3. I'm not sure what to do...that's why I'm here. :)
1) Share and learn
2) Respectful towards each other
3) Obsess less :)
Oh, I just love "obsess less!" 8)