March 28, 2024, 09:02:42 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

I have found my people!!!

Started by FAFE, October 06, 2010, 03:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FAFE

My problem is more with my son than DIL.  Will give more details later.  I love this site.  Do not love all the sorrow that is in so many of us.  But, I will be back. 

Pen

Welcome with open arms! We're a motley crew for sure, but the support is amazing.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Keys Girl

I have found my people here too.

There is sorrow and grief but there is a lot of wisdom from the women who have endured much though not exactly what they expected they would find at this stage in their lives.

Welcome.
"Today I will be as happy as a seagull with a french fry." Author Unknown

luise.volta

Me, too. I started our site and then waited, hopefully, for you guys to show up! Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Miss Understood

Luise. Thank you. And you know what I am thanking you for.  ;)
Hope I made you proud of me!

luise.volta

FAFE

October 07, 2010, 07:28:59 AM #6 Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 09:31:56 AM by FAFE
Thank you all for the very warm welcome.  I will tell you all a little about myself.  My husband and I have three children.

Oldest son is his by his first marriage and I adopted him when he was 7.  DH had custody when we married, so I became his mother after about two years.    OS is married and has one child - my heart.  DIL is very nice but from another culture and either does not adhere to our customs or has become just like her husband. 

Middle son has never married (I keep my fingers crossed that it will happen for him one day.) 

Youngest, daughter is married to a really nice guy who had a complete opposite upbringing, but is coming around.  They are in the process of adopting a baby girl that should be born next Thursday, Oct 14th.  Keep them in your prayers.

The venting will start at a later day.  Just glad I'm here and just by reading some of the posts, I am overwhelmed (sp).

I found this site via City Data board.

luise.volta

We call it "venting" here. Same thing...softer word. The agreement you read and agreed to keeps controversial expressions out of our Web-forum.   

FAFE

Sorry!  I will go back and edit!