March 28, 2024, 10:32:19 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Dysfunction goes alot deeper than the DIL and DS

Started by Miss Understood, September 17, 2010, 08:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Miss Understood

Thanks Luise for the Yeah. Weird feeling though. I don't to be happy or sad. Part of me is happy that I believe in myself and am proud of where I am with my soul today...the other part is sad that I even have to have this thought or go through this issue period.
I'm like...whatever!
Going to get a manicure and pedicure today for myself because I can and because I deserve it.

luise.volta

We all have many aspects of ourselves to consider when an issue comes up. And we can get varying responses. We're complex. So enjoy the Spa and pamper that part of you that purrs!  8)
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

I second that "Yay! MU"

Enjoy your mani/pedi and you DO deserve it!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Nana

Miss Understood:

I am glad you slept better and are in piece with yourself.  When one door closes....another opens.  The feeling of not caring anymore comes when we can take no more.  We have a certain amount of tolerance...you ran out of it.  Time will do its job.

Baby steps ...

Good luck

Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare