April 18, 2024, 05:44:24 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

cant go on..........

Started by juju68, September 06, 2010, 09:48:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

Wonderful!

Positive - My eye surgery (cornea transplant) is tomorrow, not today!!!  :)
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Barbie

Pooh, I really like this. I truly don't think there's anything negative about the kids leaving the house. I love my peace and quite, I love not to have to cook and clean so much, yes, I too love to be able to park in my driveway, I love spending time with hubby without being interrupted, the list goes on and on, once you get used to all these things you don't ever want to go back.

luise.volta

Nana

Barelythere:

Yes we can see how bad mothers have wonderful children and vice-versa.   And probably there is the clue.  People who where not cared for, loved, etc., did not developed the sense of worthliness.   Thank God there are many exceptions, but you can see it often.  It is like when you see wonderful man truly in love with women who are mean to them.  And Good women get the worst man sometimes.    Just thinking.

In regard to my dil, she changed for better  when I changed.  I just made her believe I did not care anymore to be part of her life even if that meant losing close contact with gs.  All the time I tried so hard I got a harder punch.  Why are people that way?   Dont know.  It is how it is.   We like to ago against the flow. 

A big hug to you Barely.
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

luise.volta

Pen

Great idea, Pooh, there is much to be grateful for in an empty nest. As much as I miss bantering and debating with DS, I agree with G1; I relish the free time I have now. DH & I are rediscovering interests we shared "BC" and I certainly don't miss Mount Washmore (the giant, never-ending laundry pile) or spending a small fortune on groceries, LOL. I just don't want to be forgotten or thrown on the rubbish heap while DIL's FOO gets all of his time and attention.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

barelythere

Pen, I have to agree with you, we've kind of settled into a new life ourselves. I do, however miss the bantering and debating we did and loved.  Our son slipped one time and said he craved the debates at times. We worked out the world's problems.  I guess it would be too much for someone who didn't have that going on.  We always felt debate was a good way to gain IQ points too.  Anyway, we loved it and I didn't know anyone else did that.  Good to know we weren't alone. 

Pen

I was raised with rollicking good debates, so carrying that practice over into my own family wasn't a stretch. DS majored in a field that I believe he became interested in due to our talks. It's ironic that DIL, who majored in the same field, intensely dislikes our spirited discussions and belittles any kind words DS's profs may have regarding the intellectual enrichment DS gained from us. Our discussions now seem to revolve around her and her FOO. I'd love to have an afternoon to hear what DS thinks about interesting, timely topics!

Oh well, BT, we know we inspired and challenged our sons even if we're not acknowledged by our DSs/DILs. Good for us!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

cdb

I feel your hurt and the desire to give up. I have been there and still feel that immense feeling of losing my grandchildren, now that my daughter has 2. I am hurting now that I haven't seen them for a long time. My heart goes out to you. I can say one thing. I am surviving thanks to this site. And in the future, our grandkids will need us and come to us. That gives me hope.
IN the meantime, do whatever you can for YOU. I joined a women's group and have 2 new friends that I just love. We meet out for a pop and talk on the phone. WE laugh and I feel young again. They have problems with their kids not letting them see their grandkids too. So, we live our lives and like I said, laugh and laugh and laugh.
We all look forward to seeing each other once a week. It takes time to meet new friends. I actually met them at a abuse center group. I feel my daughter is abusing me and yes, the center agrees. It is emotional abuse, so that may be an option for you too. I can talk about it there. And i learn from others who share.
I feel your pain. I feel it very deeply indeed. But, I have enjoyed using the money I would have used to buy things for my daughter or grandchildren on me now. I won't even stop by the toy depeartment anymore or baby clothes. I aonly look for things for me so I can look better and feel better. Keep in touch here. Keep us posted. God Bless, cdb

Pen

It's good to hear from you, CDB. You're an inspiration! :)
-- Annie Gottlieb

Pen

Quote from: luise.volta on September 07, 2010, 06:40:49 AM
Wonderful!

Positive - My eye surgery (cornea transplant) is tomorrow, not today!!!  :)

Luise, we're thinking of you today. Best wishes on what is sure to be a successful surgery. Take care!
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

Thank you, Pen. My son will be picking me up in about an hour and off we go. I will come home with someone else's cornea in my eye and sixteen stitches around it. I'm a nurse and I can't believe what they can do now. Transplants!

cremebrulee

QuoteAll the time I tried so hard I got a harder punch.  Why are people that way?   Dont know.  It is how it is.   We like to ago against the flow. 

could it be because, we're pushing?  We're pushing our everything on them, which dictates to them, how they should think and believe, or visa versa?  Sometimes, a lot of times, we unknowingly do it, but we do it none-the-less?

cremebrulee

Quote from: luise.volta on September 08, 2010, 07:33:12 AM
Thank you, Pen. My son will be picking me up in about an hour and off we go. I will come home with someone else's cornea in my eye and sixteen stitches around it. I'm a nurse and I can't believe what they can do now. Transplants!

Good Luck and know your in my thoughts and prayers Luise....

hugs and love
Creme

cremebrulee

Quote from: cdb on September 08, 2010, 01:09:35 AM
I feel your hurt and the desire to give up. I have been there and still feel that immense feeling of losing my grandchildren, now that my daughter has 2. I am hurting now that I haven't seen them for a long time. My heart goes out to you. I can say one thing. I am surviving thanks to this site. And in the future, our grandkids will need us and come to us. That gives me hope.
IN the meantime, do whatever you can for YOU. I joined a women's group and have 2 new friends that I just love. We meet out for a pop and talk on the phone. WE laugh and I feel young again. They have problems with their kids not letting them see their grandkids too. So, we live our lives and like I said, laugh and laugh and laugh.
We all look forward to seeing each other once a week. It takes time to meet new friends. I actually met them at a abuse center group. I feel my daughter is abusing me and yes, the center agrees. It is emotional abuse, so that may be an option for you too. I can talk about it there. And i learn from others who share.
I feel your pain. I feel it very deeply indeed. But, I have enjoyed using the money I would have used to buy things for my daughter or grandchildren on me now. I won't even stop by the toy depeartment anymore or baby clothes. I aonly look for things for me so I can look better and feel better. Keep in touch here. Keep us posted. God Bless, cdb

Great post and so so good to hear from you!!!!!!