March 28, 2024, 07:42:34 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Started with the babies at the church

Started by sadat46, March 01, 2010, 08:07:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

I call it Self-advocacy! Good for you!!  :D
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Barbie

Sadat, we're here for you. Sending you hugs.

Pen

That's such wonderful news. I'm so glad you took that step! You're a great role model.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

sadat46

Thank you all.  I had my third day this past Sunday.  It is great!!!

You all are so wonderful to be here!!!

cocobars

Wow!  Sadat, you sound so much better!  I'm happy for you! ;D

sadat46

Hi All,

I have not been here in a while to post.  I would start something and then would not send. 

I still have not seen my son/his g/f or my grandbaby.  I have had text messages from him and he went to see my
Mother about 2 weeks ago with the baby.

However, I did get a wedding invitation which is really crazy. 

I am still keeping the babies and they are great. 

I will probably go to the wedding because I am afraid I will regret it for the rest of my life if I don't.  I know I have
to be the better person because I am forgiving.  I have been hurt and really tried to analyze what I did that
was so bad, but I guess it is just the way it is.

I will have to be careful at the wedding about everything but I can do it if I have to.

The way I see it is I will go be nice and give a gift and then go on with my life the way it is.  If they want me to see
the baby then they will let me.

If I don't go to the wedding, they will think that I am unstable and childish.

Sorry I was away so long.  I hope everyone is coping and doing well.

Sadat46 :)

Barbie

Hi Sadat, it's good to hear from you. You sound much better. I think you're doing the right thing by going to the wedding. When is the wedding? Please keep us posted.

cadagi101

I hope all goes well for you at the wedding.  Do remember to be yourself not someone else to keep everyone else satisfied  with the way you behave.   Hold your head up high

sadat46

The wedding is in October.  I don't want to give away the exact date in case someone is lurking in here.

I am trying to wait until the last minute to get a dress because I want to lose about 10 lbs.  I want to feel confident
and look the best I can. :)

I hate these uncomfortable situations.  I am really not used to them.

Even when I was not talking to my MIL which was a mistake, I always encouraged my hubby to see and talk to her
and go to family functions. 

I will keep you all posted.

Thanks again everyone!!!

Nana

Sadat

I feel so happy for you attending the wedding.  Of course you have to go.  Things will be fine.  And I hope you look gorgeous with your new dress and 10 pounds less....
Feel confident...  look bright and beautiful.

Hugs!
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare