April 18, 2024, 01:12:48 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Felt Really Bad tonight

Started by Miss Understood, September 02, 2010, 06:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cremebrulee

Quote from: Miss Understood on September 03, 2010, 07:51:42 AM
Thank you for the encouraging words. I have been doing things different this week. I rode my bike each day (which I stopped when this happened...out of guilt) I played my piano for an hour this morning when I put my work on hold and now I am packing my suitcase and taking a weekend vacation to go visit some dear relatives I haven't seen in a while and have a nice weekend...without my hubby and youngest DD. I got my nails done yesterday, highlighted my hair and went back to work this week for a truly successful week. On the outside...I look like my old self, working on the inside though. I did laugh this morning...which was a REALLY good thing.
Thanks again.

YOU PLAY THE PIANO....OMG, when I was a little girl, that's all I wanted to do, take piano, lessons....do you know how lucky you are?  I would give my right arm to play piano, well, couldn't play very well with one arm now,  could I?  I love violin and piano....keep on laughing, it's good for the soul, and for our blood pressure, find the humor in things and laugh yourself content....hugs and you go girl!!!!

Miss Understood

You should pick up the piano and learn. I taught lessons to a man who was 45 and now he really loves it and plays all the time. I've been playing since a little girl and even played professionally for years and years. I just don't take the time out to play much anymore due to doing so much for others and not enough for me. Crafting, playing music is my yoga! Find a teacher near you. Really!

cremebrulee

Quote from: Miss Understood on September 03, 2010, 08:24:51 AM
You should pick up the piano and learn. I taught lessons to a man who was 45 and now he really loves it and plays all the time. I've been playing since a little girl and even played professionally for years and years. I just don't take the time out to play much anymore due to doing so much for others and not enough for me. Crafting, playing music is my yoga! Find a teacher near you. Really!

Oh my, but I'm soon to be 62 years old?  At best, maybe I could learn, "Mary had a little lamb?"  LOL

You played professionally...sheesh....do you know how lucky you are?  Yanno, why don't you advertise and give lessons?  Make some money, put it in a jar and take a lovely vacation?  Stop doing so much for others....God gave you the gift of life, use it....enjoy it...happiness comes from within, only you can make yourself happy....

something I haven't done for a while, which I plan to do, this winter is to start to crochet again....and maybe I will take piano lessons....if I retire, I'd also like to take some college courses....I always had a hunger for knowledge....and so darn curious....

I wish I could hear you play....I do....my girlfriends little girl....only 9 years old, plays the violin, she belongs to an orchastra and the youngest there....oh my, you should hear her play...the violin is such a diverse music....you can make it cry, sound happy, sad, or fast, or slow, or even like it's running.....actually, you can do that with the piano to....

I love music, don't you?  Have you ever gone to a symphony?  Gosh, the music makes me cry tears of joy...but deep down I'm a big ol sap....LOL

Miss Understood

You can learn how to play...it's easier to learn as you are older than as a child. You comprehend more. I crochet too. Made my all my GC tons of blankets, ponchos, hats, sweaters, bedspreads....I love that. I do arts and crafts too. I craft gourds and paint...it relaxes me.
I hope you find a piano teacher. That will be better for you and you will enjoy that probably more than going to college. You can focus on the music and do something you have always wanted to do. I don't teach anymore. I have my own company that superseeds the small amount of piano lesson money that I'd make. Don't have the time anymore...don't feel like it either. I want to play for me now

luise.volta

I am so enjoying this dialogue. It contains warmth and joy...and it turns away from what doesn't work and can't be changed to what makes your heart sing and to sharing that. Lovely!
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

cremebrulee

September 03, 2010, 09:55:09 AM #20 Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 09:56:40 AM by cremebrulee
Quote from: Miss Understood on September 03, 2010, 08:46:22 AM
You can learn how to play...it's easier to learn as you are older than as a child. You comprehend more. I crochet too. Made my all my GC tons of blankets, ponchos, hats, sweaters, bedspreads....I love that. I do arts and crafts too. I craft gourds and paint...it relaxes me.
I hope you find a piano teacher. That will be better for you and you will enjoy that probably more than going to college. You can focus on the music and do something you have always wanted to do. I don't teach anymore. I have my own company that superseeds the small amount of piano lesson money that I'd make. Don't have the time anymore...don't feel like it either. I want to play for me now

I just may do that...thanks so much for the suggestions....I just may do that....

Hugs

Luise, this forum is truly a group of wonderful women....just think, if it were not for you, we'd have never met, and I think about when I first came here, how lost I was....and now, looking back at some of our first posts, to this very day, just look at the progress, That is something to shout to the roof tops...we've so helped each other....we've grown....all because of this forum and you and Kirk...that is the paramount milestone of life...what else is there but love? 
thank you, and thank you Ladies!!!!!

luise.volta

Thank you. I have sent your wonderful comment on to Kirk. Remember this...I could envision what such a Forum could be and Kirk could bring it into reality...but without all of you...it would just be another unused blog. Thank you for contributing so deeply from your heart (and wisdom!)

Pooh

what else is there but love?

Ummm.....Helllllloooo......CHOCOLATE!!!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

cremebrulee

how bout cremebrulee with a dallop of home made whipped ameretto whipped cream and fresh raspberries?  Now that's unconditional love?

cadagi101

Quote from: cremebrulee on September 03, 2010, 01:57:52 PM
how bout cremebrulee with a dallop of home made whipped ameretto whipped cream and fresh raspberries?  Now that's unconditional love?

Yes yes yes!!!  (I'll have what she's having.)

Miss Understood

I was traveling out of town and had a wonderful evening with people who love me and want me in their life. It gave me such a different outlook from where I have been for 2 1/2 months. I've missed the laughter, joy *nd feeling connected. I took this trip by myself to give my DH and youmgest DD a break from my pain. I also needed a diversion, but am going to bring home a little more of me than when I left. I have 2 more days of R and R and close friendships...it will be nice.
Also...I want to let all of you know that I too appreciate the friendships I have found here.thank you

forever spring

Hi, I also love this dialogue and the positive effect it is having. I've never been a blog person and sheer frustration with my situation made me join. I really appreciate that I can be part of this now. Thank you. All the best to you Miss Understood. I think creativity if the key to dealing with all problems. If we have a space where we can be creative we can unwind. I am finding it difficult at times to engage with this space when I feel sorry for myself, but at the same time I know that this is the whole space where things can be resolved. That's why I love playing with the little ones!
Greetings to you all from a very happy newie!

Miss Understood

Hi Chlem! You have to make time for yourself regardless. If there is one thing I learned and executed first from being om here and the support from others...it is just that. Find somthing, anything, lots of things that you like to do that are just for you. Be good to yourself and occupy yourself with productive business that brings you joy. Surround yourself with people who love and uplift you. It makes a huge difference. I was I'm this hole that I felt I could not get out of and every time I thought about my situation dirt caved I'm om me and smothered me. I gave 2 1/2 months of my life up and it hurt evryone around me that needed me, loved me, didn't deserve this either. Each day, I do more and more for me and I find that my hole doesn't cave in as much and it appears that when I feel stuck there, I am able to get a ladder and climb out, even if it is just a little while. That is a total turnaround for me. One day at a time! Do things different.
Today, As I am taking my little trip with my friendships, we are going. Site seeing, lunch out, shopping. With my polished toes, new shoes, nice fingernails and my problems put I'm the side compartment of my suitcase...I am giving myself permission to enjoy myself and have a good day, without guilt and hopefully no tears. :)

Miss Understood

I apolgize for my typos. I am doing this from my phone, not a computer. I'm comes out instead of in sometimes and the letters are small...I don't catch it! Hahaha! Sorry....though my heart is in it, my words may be mixed up