April 25, 2024, 03:15:30 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Find moments to give compliments to daughters/sons

Started by cdb, August 10, 2010, 01:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

Great...great....great....now I am craving Quesadillas!   ;D
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

cremebrulee

Quote from: cdb on August 14, 2010, 12:05:52 AM
I really like how many positive things were put on the replies. Reading this uplifted me! Thanks all for adding to this subject. I believe it does help to do the things listed above, whether we like the other person or not. I know sometimes I have almost bitten my tongue off ( LOL ) but, in the long run, I raised my children and they are adults now. I would rather do what is necessary to remain a part of their lives and yes, the acknowledgements, etc. go a long way for anyone! cdb

yanno, I believe this is a very good exercise to put in place...it helps us be more in tune with the postive, and we learn how to look for goodness rather then identify the negative...to actually identify when we have good times and absorb them, which will make them all the more special....

many thanks to everyone for this thread....

luise.volta

We often create our own happiness:

"It's raining! My Day is ruined!" Or "It's raining! My garden is getting a drink!"

Same day...different perspective. One takes us down...the other takes us up.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

cadagi101

that't is super fantastic...hope things continue to improve, you are on the right track, pat yourself on the back.
I feel overwhelmed and happy to hear this.

luise.volta

Wonderful! What a huge step in the right direction! Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pen

Wow, CDB, that's great! Thanks for sharing your success story. I know it's hard to take those steps back, but it worked!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Nana

cdb

I am truly happy this is happening to you.   I am so proud of you.   Keep doing what you are doing.  Quality time is better than quantity,   You are on the right track.    I can feel your happiness.  Hurray for you!   I hope lots more for you.

Love
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare