March 28, 2024, 06:22:19 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Not Myself Right Now

Started by Pooh, August 12, 2010, 08:06:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

Hey guys.  I haven't been on in a few weeks and I wanted to apologize to everyone for not contributing support and not welcoming new people.  I have been having an issue with my left arm for 7 months and it has confused me and 6 doctors for awhile.  I developed a deep ridge in my bicep lengthwise and no one could figure out what it was.  As time has gone on, I have developed a lot of pain in my arm, shoulders and chest.  I have been very fatigued the last couple of months, but we were attributing that to sleepless nights and constant pain.  They did an EKG because of the chest pains, everything was fine and two weeks ago, they did a full blood panel.  After multiple MRIs of my neck, arm and shoulder, they finally found a small tear that has already healed, but I am stuck with the ridge.  It also showed I had nerve entrapment under my collarbone (Thoratic Outlet Syndrome).  The bloodwork came back with my ANA level raised, which is an indicator of Lupus and Fibromyalgia.  So now we know why the fatigue and other pains.

Anyway, they have put me on a drug for the Lupus and Fibromyalgia, and I start physical therapy next week to see if we can widen out the space under my collarbone to untrap the nerves and arteries.  The medicine is throwing me for a loop (as they knew it would) and causing me to not be able to focus very well.  It's kind of ironic that the side effects on the medicines is as bad as the symptoms, but we are experimenting.  The pain is much better, so at least that is working.  I have always been a multi-tasker, so it is a struggle for me to have to only focus on one thing at a time.

When I explained to my DS how I could only do one thing at a time or I was losing track and couldn't concentrate, he said, "Welcome to Man World!"  Lol....God bless him.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Pooh

I have still been reading a little at a time, when I can concentrate and keeping up with everyone.  Just afraid to reply to anything right now much.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Pen

Take care, Pooh, we miss you. I'm glad you checked in and gave us the update. Get better!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

miss_priss

Nana

Pooh take care.
Best wishes for your recovery.

Love
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

cadagi101

get well soon, and it will be great to have you back.  Look after yourself
Julia

cremebrulee

Hello Pooh
I'm so sorry your not feeling well, and to boot, you took the time to come in and let us know...thank you, and hope before long, you'll be feeling much better so that you can join us all again...miss you...

Big hugs
Creme

elsieshaye

Sending you good and healing thoughts, Pooh. 
This too shall pass.  All is well.

Pooh

Thank you everyone.  I feel a little more normal today, so hopefully my body is adjusting to the meds.
Joseph Campbell

kathleen

Pooh,

I had a problem like this after an injury last winter.  My expensive doctor couldn't figure out what it was, but my physical therapist (she has a Ph.d) decided it was in my neck.  I was pretty successfully treated by her, but now I have to do exercises and am not always faithful.

I know the pain you've been through and think that PT will really help,

Kathleen

Pooh

Thanks Kathleen and you were right.  I had my first round of PT this morning, and although sore around my collarbone where they targeted, the arm and shoulder pain are much better already.  I think most of mine is going to be attributed to pinched nerves in my thoratic outlet.

At least now, I am optomistic as these are the first 3 hrs of no shooting pains down my arm in 7 months!!!!  Woot woot!
Joseph Campbell

cremebrulee

this is excellent news Pooh, thank you for letting us know.

kathleen

Great, Pooh, keep up the good work with the PT. 

Kathleen