March 28, 2024, 08:28:15 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Good News

Started by cremebrulee, August 13, 2010, 04:39:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cremebrulee

August 13, 2010, 04:39:18 AM Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 04:43:19 AM by cremebrulee
I have good news to share with you all..my son has been in Afghanistan over a year now, and has opted to come back home...thank God...I'm so happy...we have very little communication right now, and it must be such a worry for his wife...God bless her...she always always seems to support his every wish to get out there and do something...I don't know many women who would do what she has done...and as they say, "everything for a reason?"  We all learn from every experience...I think it has made her much more independent and confident...and, they are so much in love....however, can't tell you how much more relieved I will be when he's on that last commercial flight out of Dubai for Atlanta at the end of Sept.  I'm still nervous, and still take Ambian to sleep sometimes...it's been a rough time going...hate it so much when he is flying between bases in those helicopters...not to mention...they are targeting security and police....when he was home he showed me videos of the Afghanies he was training, half of them were yawning and didn't care...he told me, they're attention span is that of a childs....it was funny watching them try to teach these men simple calistetics...not to mention, they have so many of them come out of the hills for training, collect they're pay checks, and disappear (they are really Taliban, but we have no way of telling)  You don't know who is who over there....it is very dangerous....

So, wanted to vent a little and say, I'm so thankful he's coming home to his girls....and my GD opted to wait to have her birthday party, which is next week, until he comes home....I am very proud of her and my DIL...my DIL has done well with her....she a very good mama....and I'm looking so foreward to spending more time with them...but even more so, getting to know my DIL....it makes me so happy to see her and my son together...it really does...what more could I want in life?  He is all hers, and I'm very very happy for them...yanno, I got my wish...when he was little, I prayed that he would meet someone and experience the love that God meant for us all to know...in his wife, his children...to me, that completes one...and he has that...not to mention, a whole lot more experiences under his belt, b/c his wife is able to allow him that...she lets him to, and seems to understand the importance of that...she's a gem in my book.

Hugs
Creme

kathleen

Hurrah for you and your son!  This is brilliant and wonderful news!

And GOD BLESS YOUR SON FOR HIS SERVICE to his country.  Please thank him for me.   I try to say this to every soldier now, partly because I never said it to my dad.  And they all deserve to be appreciated so much.

Only one more month.  At least now you can mark the days and know there is an end.

No wonder you have been on the fence about quitting smoking, with this kind of pressure on.

I pray he makes it back safely and please let us know more as it develops,

Kathleen

cremebrulee

Quote from: kathleen on August 13, 2010, 05:38:11 AM
Hurrah for you and your son!  This is brilliant and wonderful news!

And GOD BLESS YOUR SON FOR HIS SERVICE to his country.  Please thank him for me.   I try to say this to every soldier now, partly because I never said it to my dad.  And they all deserve to be appreciated so much.

Only one more month.  At least now you can mark the days and know there is an end.

No wonder you have been on the fence about quitting smoking, with this kind of pressure on.

I pray he makes it back safely and please let us know more as it develops,

Kathleen

Thanks Lady....really appreciate your kindness....I'm so happy....

Orly

Oh Creme,  I'm so happy for your family!  Crossing my fingers until your son has landed in the US.

cremebrulee

Quote from: Orly on August 13, 2010, 07:56:37 AM
Oh Creme,  I'm so happy for your family!  Crossing my fingers until your son has landed in the US.

thanks so much...hugs and miss you...
Creme