March 28, 2024, 06:45:30 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Advice needed - Future daughter-in-law is allowing contact only via her

Started by Keys Girl, July 26, 2010, 06:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lancaster lady

I always thought we became short sighted as we age , so as not to see the wrinkles .... :)

luise.volta

I could give you a long list of the good things about growing old.  Even through my sight isn't one of them. I got shingles in my eye six years ago and after two surgeries, one a cornea transplant, they are still there, destroying the new cornea. None the less, the short version is I am healthier, happier, and more fulfilled than ever before and my family tells me l'm funnier and get this...prettier, as I head for 90. :) I have an incredible family and marvelous friends and love my communities; here in my retirement center and at Curves. I don't 'go to work' but checks come in every month, anyhow. Two cyber-communities have won my heart...www.MyFitness.com (thank you , Pooh) and you guys. My life is sweet, my home is comfortable, I feel strong and useful...and I'm still learning and growing at 85.  8)
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Keys Girl

"Today I will be as happy as a seagull with a french fry." Author Unknown

Keys Girl

Quote from: constantmargaret on July 05, 2012, 10:50:17 AM
I just read this thread this morning. After I finished, I looked at the thread title again. Two things struck me.
1. It seems you no longer are looking outward for advice, but are listening to yourself and respecting what you hear and 2. You are the one doing the "allowing" now.
Of course it's a shame that your relationship with your DS has tanked, but your relationship with yourself has improved. And there's always that 1%. It ain't over till the fat lady sings, you know?

I really admire your evolution through this unpleasant struggle. Thanks for sharing with us.

BTW, my husband's vision is improving with age too. I guess it's a benefit to him, but it's bad news for me. I'm going to go change the lightbulbs to 15 watters.

ConstantMargaret, you are right, it's been quite a journey.  I remember how panic stricken I was when I realized that my son was cooperating with his domineering future wife in giving me the "cold shoulder".  I'll never forget the moment when I realized that I was being left to twist in the wind, but you are right, I trust in myself a whole lot more and I have some higher standard of who I want in my life, so yes, I do the "allowing".  It's been a painful journey but   I'm happy about where the path has taken me.

The Fat Lady may sing eventually, but I'm not sitting around waiting for that swan song!

Don't forget to get the pink 15 waters, they will make his skin look a whole lot better!

KG

"Today I will be as happy as a seagull with a french fry." Author Unknown