March 28, 2024, 09:48:34 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

DIL it is over, Thank You all

Started by Things happens, January 01, 2021, 05:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Things happens

Hi All,

My Son asked his wife for a divorce after 15 years, as he has finally seen the light. I want to thank you all for the support your had given me in the past and sharing your stories. Every time there was a problem I would come here and reread post to get me through. And I love the mantra not my monkey, not my circus and some of the stuff I have taken from this forum I have also applied to other area's of my life. While it was hard to just sit back and watch, I did learn I did not have to take her abuse, and we did not. Once we learned to let go, our lives were much happier. The only blessing is they did not have children, so there should be no long drawn out fight. I will still be around helping others if I can as you all did me. Once again Thank You all :-)

Lawson2663@gmail.com

I can't talk to dil' don't want to start anything, I feel her disapproval of me.