March 28, 2024, 10:08:44 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Are they are narcissist?

Started by daniel, September 11, 2020, 12:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daniel

Hello

Someone here once told me to look this up sometime. It's been 5 years now since the DIL cut me out. 

It's been a long road for me, I did well with he help of some of the beautiful people here. Thank you. 

I do believe she is a narcissist now and finally found this the other day. There isn't much help for us out there. This site was a godsend for me. 

So. Here is something I SO wish I had learned 10 years ago. 

https://youtu.be/lPdsp1NZz-w

daniel

Darn it. I hate that I can't edit here. Typos and bad grammar. 

Please disregard. It's why I stopped posting.

luise.volta

Thanks for checking in. Sorry, you find it difficult to post here. I have run across that kind of issue, too. As far as I know, there's nothing we can do. The person with the issue has to seek professional help and I'm not sure many do. Our job is probably to maintain our own balance as much as possible. Not an easy task. Wishing you well...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Marina

That is a very good video.  I have been trying to apply that advice for a while.  In order to maintain regular limited contact with my son, I've learned to compartmentalize that part of my life and otherwise put focus on my own life and goals.  It's tough to do, but I'm doing it.