April 23, 2024, 11:00:46 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Can they take it?

Started by Manikarnika, July 06, 2010, 11:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manikarnika

Im not sure where to post this, Id just like to see if someone can answer my question.

About a year and a half ago, DHS was on my case saying i was in an unsuitable environment for my child.

Shortly after I moved to a place they thought appropriate, the child passed away. Doc said it was suffocation, but no charges were filed against me. DHS also tried to tell me that I was too young (at 21) to have a kid.

Well, about 2 years from the date of my first childs death, Im expecting another. Different father, but this father has a criminal history, and is on post prison until 3 months after the child is scheduled to come. Ive been told that as long as he passes his current classes, he'll be OK to have a kid.

What I'd like to know is that if I move out of state (OR to CA), would they still try to take my child from me?

cremebrulee

I'm not at all understanding, why you think they would try to take  your child from you?

Also, laws are different in each state....

Pooh

July 07, 2010, 07:04:21 AM #2 Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 07:07:53 AM by Pooh
This is so not an opinion question.  You need to speak to a lawyer.  It is apparent from your post that there are still some unresolved issues involving this.  Speak to your lawyer.  He/She should be able to contact someone in the other states to find out their laws involving whatever you are going through.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Yes, this is a legal question and our site is not legally based. We all wish you well and I am closing this topic.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama