March 28, 2024, 07:33:09 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Uninvited AGAIN

Started by kathleen, June 28, 2010, 07:27:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

Serenity Prayer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
God, grant me the serenity: To accept the things I cannot change;: Courage to change the things I can;: And wisdom to know the difference.

Wonderful!  ;D
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Postscript

That's the one, it's totally liberating!

Nana

Kathleen:

My heart is with you.  It really hurts to be left out.  Noone's fault....It is just how you feel and the way they are.   I understand that they dont have to invite you...but that is what hurts us most.  We think we are unimportant to them. 

You will soon have control over this pain.  Just dont expect nothing from them...and every time this happens, it will hurt a little less.

We are here to vent what we feel.  We all have different ways of dealing with pain.  Enjoy what you have now.   You are a valuable person....remember......One's value does not depend on who or how many people treat us.    Love and hugs for you.
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

luise.volta

Oh, so true. We need to remember, "How you feel about me is none of my business."

Postscript

To be fair Kathleen, you didn't tell the whole story, if you don't give pertinent information how are we to know? Is there still more to this? 

luise.volta

What we try to do is take what we want and lave the rest when we read comments. I know each of us could write a book (how about fill a library?) and there's no real way to present a total and unbiased picture. All we can do is our best. Sending love...

Nana

Kathleen:

I agree with you.  We all have different perspectives on issues.  But what is rude and mean is never acceptable.  For instance, when we talk about being a good mother, my sil told me that we really dont know what are the elements of making a good mother.  That some see it one way and others see it differently.  I told her that there is a common denominator for being a good mother and that is not negotiable (such as being caring, loving, responsible).    This concept comes to mind when we speak about rudeness or being cruel.  Nothing makes these right, by any concept. 

\We can all do what we please, invite or ignore, having empathy for other nor not having it.  Hurting others or avoid hurting them.  We can all do this but hurting people who loves us and does us no wrong its unacceptable. 

At least Kath, you now know what to expect from them.    I really hope you stop hurting for people who have not shown empathy for your feelings.  You do not deserve it.   

Remember that that which does not kill us makes us stronger.

Hugs
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

barelythere

So sorry Kathleen, what a sad story.