March 28, 2024, 09:43:03 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

My 19 Year Old Son has been giving me the Silent Treatment for weeks now!!

Started by Teardropper, May 23, 2018, 04:43:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

How wonderful you are starting a new job with others also new to it. I remember how it felt starting a new job. Right when I wanted to look the smartest, I knew the least and made the most mistakes. It 'goes with the territory.' Darn!

When I was in a somewhat similar situation to yours, I didn't want things to be different, either. I wanted them to be how they once were. My pretty simple expectations were that they could and would continue indefinitely. I didn't want to be the one to have to change because my eldest son did, but I was living in the past instead of facing the present. I can really relate to your remark; 'I actually loved having my son around (before all this carry on started that is.)
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama