March 28, 2024, 03:38:44 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Adult son rejecting me

Started by JoJo, March 28, 2018, 10:47:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoJo

My son has decided that I am not important in his life and has withdrawn from me .  He is using my beautiful 6 year old daughter to control me.  Both my granddaughter and myself are saddened by this . She is  and has been so important in my life and has had a very close relationship with me from birth.  I am devastated by both my son's rejection and the loss of my granddaughter.
THis is continuing to cause me tremendous sadness. I am having a very hard time coping.

Bamboo2

Hello, JoJo, and welcome to WWU!  We ask all new members to go to the Home Page and read the posts under Read Me First.  Please pay particular attention to our Forum Agreement to be sure that WWU is a good fit for you.  We are a monitored website.

JoJo, know that you are not alone.  Others here have been in similar circumstances.  Our archives are full of their stories, and maybe you can gain comfort from reading some of them.  Hopefully others will post who have been through something similar to yours.  I think that there is more pain when there are young grandchildren involved. 

My heart goes out to you and your young granddaughter.  (((Hugs )))

luise.volta

Welcome, J. I had the same thing happen only it was at the birth of my first grandchild. My eldest son let me know that I couldn't even see him because I had an 'evil essence'. Huh? My grandson and I never got to be friends and that created a hole in my life that I had to learn to live with. I am an old lady now and not only has my grandson chosen to be in a relationship with me as an adult...he thinks I'm a wonderful and important person in his life. Love won out.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama