March 28, 2024, 10:42:32 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Nursing Home Woes

Started by luise.volta, June 29, 2010, 04:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

Thanks everyone. I so appreciate your votes of confidence and understanding. It's a long, sad and lonely road.

Kirk and Sandy have their own place just seven miles down the road where they spend the summer months. I only have 660Sq. ft in my little retirement cottage. I love it when they are here and their lives continue as usual as their work is all computer-based. They just pick up the "office" and board the plane!  ;D Kirk comes again for the month of March for my birthday but it's too cold here for Sandy in the winter...even though she grew up here. They're great!
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

cremebrulee

Quote from: luise.volta on August 20, 2010, 09:47:40 AM
Thanks everyone. I so appreciate your votes of confidence and understanding. It's a long, sad and lonely road.

Kirk and Sandy have their own place just seven miles down the road where they spend the summer months. I only have 660Sq. ft in my little retirement cottage. I love it when they are here and their lives continue as usual as their work is all computer-based. They just pick up the "office" and board the plane!  ;D Kirk comes again for the month of March for my birthday but it's too cold here for Sandy in the winter...even though she grew up here. They're great!

Luise, why is it they don't like the summer months in Hawaii?  What is it about the weather they don't appreciate?

luise.volta

They were both raised here in Washington state (very mild) and find the intense tropical heat in the summer coupled with the high humidity to be disabling. (I am So glad!  ;D)

cremebrulee

August 20, 2010, 11:48:38 AM #63 Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 11:54:26 AM by cremebrulee
Quote from: luise.volta on August 20, 2010, 11:45:43 AM
They were both raised here in Washington state (very mild) and find the intense tropical heat in the summer coupled with the high humidity to be disabling. (I am So glad!  ;D)

LOL, yes, it sure works out kinda neat doesn't it....?   ;D

reason I asked a friend wants to go there and I told her, to wait to schedule a trip until I find out more about the weather so you go when it's comfortable and you can enjoy it more...
So when in your opinion is the best time to go?

and by the way, how have you been doing lately?

thanks
Creme

luise.volta

December through March. I love it there. If you make it November through April you are living dangerously...(if you have webbed feet!)

cremebrulee

Quote from: luise.volta on August 20, 2010, 11:57:11 AM
December through March. I love it there. If you make it November through April you are living dangerously...(if you have webbed feet!)

LOL
I'll tell them...thank you....

Hope

Luise,
Sounds like you've been doing a good job caring for yourself - mentally and physically.  It's reassuring to know you have Kirk, Sandy, and friends to help you through.  Do you see any visits to Hawaii in your future?
Sending hugs, Hope

luise.volta

Hope, you are such a dear. No trips in sight as long as Val lingers. Kirk and Sandy built a home in Kapaa and they have a guest room  ;)