March 29, 2024, 04:37:51 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Nursing Home Woes

Started by luise.volta, June 29, 2010, 04:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadagi101

I am thinking of you Luise, I hope you have a nice day today.
my love and thoughts are with you

luise.volta

Val continues to sleep more and talk less. I started going once a day instead of twice about a week ago and I feel a lot better. It was just too hard. My strength is coming back slowly. Thanks for asking.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

BellaTerra66

Luise, been thinking about you and praying for you and Val everyday.  How are you doing..........

Love,

Bella

luise.volta

Oh, thank you for asking!  :) Val is refusing to take walks with me in the halls or drink the water he used to drink for me or watch his slide show...and he is sleeping even more. He knows me and holds and pets his little dog but doesn't converse.

I started going over once day instead of twice because I wasn't recovering from the exhaustion of care giving. He doesn't know the difference but it was hard to do at first and I am starting to feel better.

Pooh

Glad you are feeling better Luise. 
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

BellaTerra66

Please let us know if you need anything.   Fran

luise.volta

Thank you. You guys are so great!  ;D

BellaTerra66

You know, Luise, one of these days I'm going to have to come to Wisconsin to see you.   ::)  Fran

luise.volta

I'm in Washington and I have turned down many offers...even someone living close by. One is a lady lived in  Virginia! I just can't open up the door to socializing and still stay on top of this work. Some contribute and I really appreciate that. There's a place to donate on www.MomResponds.com. The lady in Virginia figured out what the trip would cost and sent that.  :D

If I was younger, I would rent accommodations someplace like Ghost Ranch in New Mexico and have a yearly meeting of the tribe for all of us! Wouldn't that be fun?!! (I went there to a seminar years ago and it was great!)

BellaTerra66

Don't get nervous, Luise!   ;D  I ain't comin'!  LOL  I do not fly anymore, and I may absolutely have to within the next year or two -- just the thought of it makes my stomach sick. 

And I don't know why I thought you were in WI.  Well, I feel much better.  WI weather can be terrible. 

I did tell you that a group of us from a Yahoo board met in Beaver Dam, WI, for 5 days one summer, didn't I?  13 out of 20-21 of us.  From all over The US and Canada.  All we all got along!  LOL  And none of us drank.  LOL  And we all stayed at the HUGE house of the hostess.  Right on the lake.  Her and her husband even had a boat (motor boat that sat 6) and their own dock.  Ah, only once in a lifetime. 

Ok, something upsetting just happened, which has nothing to do with this board.  So I'll say goodnight, and I'll be checking in every so often to see how you (and Val) are doing. 

Love you,
Fran

luise.volta

It sounds like you had a lot of fun! Those of us that met at Ghost Ranch were from a Website, too. And the next year (1997) we all went on a canoe trip into the Minnesota Boundary Waters.  ;D ;D

"Those were the days my friend...we thought they'd never end..."  8)

cadagi101

Ok.. so if there is ever a WWU sleep over think of me in Australia!!!!

luise.volta

Hope

Hi, Sweet Luise! I'm thinking of you and wondering how your day is going.
Love and hugs, Hope

luise.volta

July 30, 2010, 06:05:24 PM #44 Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 07:49:34 PM by luise.volta
Hi Hope, Wonderful to have you back!  ;D

I am starting to feel a little better since I cut my nursing home visits from twice a day down to once a day. Val hasn't seemed to notice. I was pouring all of what little energy I had into it and had nothing left for healing. It's a very slow process but I am starting to take walks and have cleaned up my diet appreciably. I came dangerously close to the edge of the point of no return...care-giver-wise. Denial is a deadly thing...