March 29, 2024, 07:47:44 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Mother-Son relationships

Started by BellaTerra66, June 22, 2010, 04:52:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BellaTerra66

Luise -- you're 82??!!  Oh, you look great.  I hope I just make it to 82, even if I look like a shriveled crab apple.   ;)  Well, I'm halfway there -- I'm a crab apple.   ;D

And how nice that you and your son get along so well.  I am envious.   :)  I didn't tell you about the problems I'm having with my other son.  I know how to handle that, and I'm doing it!  I just feel bad tonight.  I wish I could have just one kid who really likes me.  Oh well.   :P

Louey0727

Dear BellaTerra66:
I completely missed your post.
I would have liked to console you with some words the day you wrote your post on June 22nd.
You said you felt bad that night, I am so sorry we did not give you some support on this day!
You did not elaborate in your post the problems you are having with your son - - so I assume you do not want to discuss this.
If you feel like talking - - I (we) are hear to listen.
You sound like you are putting yourself down "shriveled crab apple".  Please sit, relax and breathe in and think about writing us.
You may not think anyone cares, but we do.  I personally would hate to think you are alone with your hurt and do not want to vent your frustrations.
I am not prying, but by talking about things that are disrupting your peace of mind, may help you by just dropping a line, to let us know you are fine.
Helen