March 28, 2024, 03:51:10 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Alienated Grandparents

Started by Marina, June 14, 2017, 05:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marina

Just wanted to mention that today is National Alienated Grandparents Awareness Day in U.S.  I don't have much to say except I'm glad this issue is being brought to the public's attention.  A lot of grandparents are hurting who have been unjustly alienated from their dear grandchildren, and this is a hurt that is generally hidden. 

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

kate123

I did not know there was such a day.
The hurt is hidden because we are so embarrassed to be treated in such a way. Nothing hurts worse than seeing all the "good grandparents" out and about with their GC, or visiting someone who's GC are visiting, and GM And GC are so happy to be together. AND, THE VERY WORST is visiting your AC the DIL's parents show up and the GC's act like God came to earth- when they do not act like that when you show up- thanks to DIL. I better go walk my dog-she treats me very good!

luise.volta

I do that, too! My little Rosa is part Corgi and part unknown and worth a million!

kate123

Cutie!

Pets are wonderful people!

luise.volta

I am panting and she is laughing!

kate123

Here is my GC (Great Companion)!

luise.volta